San Diego Cruises

Hazegreyunderway

Hi all,

My wife and I are 4 time cruisers on Princess out of SF on the Grand Princess and are considering Holland America out of San Diego.

The princess ships have a great crew. They know/remember who you are and are very attentive.

The food is slightly going downhill. I know that dinners are subjective, in taste, and style. My opinions are that they subtly cut back yet appear to make it look good.

Ex: Surf-Turf( old school is STEAK-LOBSTER )

Now: Jumbo prawn and beef medallion.

Get my meaning?

What are the comparisons of Holland out of San Diego and others (princess San Francisco)?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are new to HAL and on Princess we can carry our luggage on Princess ships. Is this true with HAL? Also, for disembarking - if you need to get off early for a flight or need to get on the road can you request that? Thank you for any information.

Hi all,

My wife and I are 4 time cruisers on Princess out of SF on the Grand Princess and are considering Holland America out of San Diego.

The princess ships have a great crew. They know/remember who you are and are very attentive.

The food is slightly going downhill. I know that dinners are subjective, in taste, and style. My opinions are that they subtly cut back yet appear to make it look good.

Ex: Surf-Turf( old school is STEAK-LOBSTER )

Now: Jumbo prawn and beef medallion.

Get my meaning?

What are the comparisons of Holland out of San Diego and others (princess San Francisco)?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you read around the board, you will find many threads about what is standard on HAL...it doesn't change much ship to ship, and certainly not by port.

As of last month, HAL was still doing standard surf and turf. HAL does beef well.

We are new to HAL and on Princess we can carry our luggage on Princess ships. Is this true with HAL? Also, for disembarking - if you need to get off early for a flight or need to get on the road can you request that? Thank you for any information.

You can carry you luggage on, as long as it fits through a standard airport carry on xray device.

You can request you be put in the group that carries off their own luggage, which is usually the second group off. Generally you will be assigned a group by your flight time. Suite passengers can get off almost any time.