St. Thomas - "shopper's paradise" of the Caribbean!

pennstater

Hey there everyone! I'm back from my first (real) cruise - Southern Caribbean - which included my first trip to St. Thomas! Shoppers of the world, unite! :D

The jewelry, the perfumes.... sigh...

I reigned myself in, but did buy 2 bottles of my favorite perfume (can't find it here anymore, they may have stopped making it) for less than what I paid for the 1 bottle I bought in Paris last summer. I also picked up 2 new perfumes that I love. I held back in the jewelry area and only bought a few loose larimar stones and beads for jewelry making.

If you love to shop, and haven't been there yet - head to St. Thomas!

Next visit, I might actually see some the beaches...I have my priorities, you know...;)

Pennstater, welcome back:) It sounds like you had an excellent

time:D

Are you going to post a review over on the Celebrity board?

I am glad you enjoyed St Thomas. How about the ship? And

the overall week?

I hope you had a great time on Constellation. I sailed her

last December and it was wonderful.:)

Hey Lois! Thanks - we did have a very nice time. We had a few bumps along the way (weather, illness, etc), yet still managed to have a nice relaxing vacation... I will post more on the Celebrity boards when I get some time. Busy, busy, getting ready for the holidays - I lost a week of shopping time (but for my day in St. Thomas!) so I've got a lot of work to do. As soon as I can, I'll post details. I'll also post some fashion observations, when the time allows. Thanks for the welcome back!

Blue-ish,not turquoise, but like it. Kind of the shade of this :cool: guy, but not quite. Have some, never worn it. Don't know why I bought it:confused:

I prefer St Maarten for shopping. Better prices, IMHO

I prefer St. Maarten for everything! Better beaches, better restaurants, great shopping and just more charming than St. Thomas. When we stop at St. Thomas, I consider it another "sea" day and never get off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
St Thomas has a wonderful fabric store that has some of the most beautiful batik print fabrics and the fabric is wonderful to sew with. If anyone sews, try Fabric in Motion.

Can you give me a location on this store??? I'll be in St. Maarten on the 16th of this month. I just started quilting too. Details please!!!!

Can you give me a location on this store??? I'll be in St. Maarten on the 16th of this month. I just started quilting too. Details please!!!!

That store is in St Thomas.

THere is a store called Rima's in St Maarten. They make sarongs, beach bags etc out of light weight fabric. Not sure if they sell it as just fabric.

Archived