Ketchikan - Late June

boleynkid

Having some difficulties choosing a tour in Ketchikan so I would be interested to hear about people's experiences to help us decide. Don't want to miss out if there is a tour out there which comes highly recommended.

The Misty Fjord Floatplane seems to be an obvious choice but, weather permitting, we will be doing a helicopter tour from Skagway so choosing something different may be a good idea. I have seen mentions of a Misty Fjord cruise so that might be a possible alternative.

A bear tour would be great but it appears these start in July so we may just be a little too early.

Thank you in advance for your comments which are much appreciated.

We did a kayak tour and enjoyed it. We also walked creek street, married man's trail and saw the fish ladder.

One option we considered that gets good reviews was snorkeling, which most don't realize is available in Alaska. We went in May and were concerned it would be too cold even with the thick wetsuits they provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a sea kayak trip with Southeast Sea Kayaks, a local company. It was great! There were just two of us on this tour with 3 or 4 guides, as some were still training (early may). We even got to see humpbacks quite close! They provided all the gear and then even a delicious snack on their mother ship. Worth trying it out!