Three adults in a room?

wdowns9

We are staying with 3 adults and 2 kids in a room(1 guy 2 women and 2 11 year old girls)....I think you can handle 3 adults

Bless your heart!!!!! :eek:

To the OP, just call and add the person... if you are booked in a cabin that has a max capacity of two, they will move you to a triple or a quad. The 3rd person rate is around half of the 1st/2nd person rate. Good luck!

Bless your heart!!!!! :eek:

To the OP, just call and add the person... if you are booked in a cabin that has a max capacity of two, they will move you to a triple or a quad. The 3rd person rate is around half of the 1st/2nd person rate. Good luck!

I am going as a third person in a room on the Liberty Jan. 6, 07. I have gone as the third one time before. The cost is much cheaper and we had plenty of room. They had enough towels, etc to accomodate all of us. My bed was the couch that converts to a bed, they made it up every night and cleaned it up every morning. It was very comfortable. We had an awesome time on the Victory and again the Miracle, will be just as good on the Liberty I'm sure. Add the third person and have a great time.

Wdowns - That would depend on how 'cozy' you want to be. I cannot imagine three people of any size, shape, age in one cabin. I'm a solo cruiser, so am used to having my own space. Even one person would make it seem crowded to me.

However, LOTS of folks do choose to cruise for less with more people in a cabin. (I would rather pay the single supplement that I do.)

If you can handle three adult women in one cabin, with everyone trying to get ready for dinner or shore excursion or whatever, more power to you. Has to be your decision.:)

What options do I have if I add a 3rd adult into our room? I need to investigate before calling my PVP to change our reservation. Thanks

Let me add (I was blind sided by the 5 in a room post) that my girlfriend tried to switch to a triple room and had problems. Call your TA or the cruise line to find out if a cabin is even available.

If you can handle three adult women in one cabin, with everyone trying to get ready for dinner or shore excursion or whatever, more

power to you. Has to be your decision.:)

We really didnt seem to have a problem with that. I took the least amount of time to shower so I was always first. Then I lounged while the other two took their turns. Our dinner was at 8:30 so we started this process at 6pm.

I also cruise SOLO and find the occupancy of the cabin, "just right". :D However, my ex, cruises with her girlfriends all the time four to a cabin and says they have no difficulty at all. Just requires a little planning. The two early risers get "made up" first and go to the buffet for coffee while the other two get ready. No problem, she says. :)

...and we've never had a problem. Just be sure you ask for a cabin with a couch. Or you'll have to draw straws with the short straw sending someone up the ladder to the bunk. That is one thing we will NEVER do again. I'd rather sleep in a deck chair than in a bunk. The 3 of us have developed a routine so there's never a problem with who's showering when, etc.

My family used to be able to fit 5 in a quad room with a cot brought in. Unfortunatly for my dad, he got the cot :P

But the only real problem was 1 bathroom for 5 people. For the amount of time you spend in the cabin, its fine.

To quote Troop Beverly Hills-

"You call camping out in a hotel roughing it?"

"1 bathroom for nine people...yes." :P

I just added my cousin as the 3rd on a rollaway bed in a category 4B on Inspiration.

I figure we'll only be sleeping in there. In the past, even when we were only 2 to the cabin, I have showered in the spa/gym facilities and just put my clothes on in the cabin.

If the option was getting a room with a bunk...I'd have declined adding another person. But I'm pretty excited that she's coming!

It depends. If you are booked on one of the newer ships that don't have rolllaways, and you're booked in a double occupancy cabin, they would have to see if there is availability for a triple cabin. If there is and you have to switch cabins, they may make you pay the new, prevailing rate for all of you.

. The 3rd person rate is around half of the 1st/2nd person rate. Good luck!

This is the second time I've seen this today, and please note - this can be quite misleading. I am booked on the Conquest 1/1 which is a Holiday time sold out sailing. I figure I got a great rate at $685 pp total for a balcony cabin. My niece (6 yrs old) is booked in my room because the Conquest does not allow 5 to a room, so my Bro, SIL and two of their kids are in the cabin next door. While my brother paid for my niece's cruise, she is on my reservation booking, so I see all her info. My niece paid $645 for a third person rate in my cabin - $40 less than my DH and myself.

Now granted my DH got the military rate, so we got a good rate, but my Bro and SIL only paid $785 per person for the balcony next door (both cat 8A) and 3rd and 4th paasenger in their room paid $645 per person. $140 less.

Definitely not half the rate. This happened to us once when we were trying to convince some family to go on the cruise with us. We had said the kids would be half the rate, then found a Princess Cruise for $700 balcony cabin. Needless to saying - they were thinking the kids would be $350 based on what we had said. They thought Princess was trying to rip them off. (Matter of fact - it's this same Bro and SIL - I think in the long run Princess would have been cheaper - but because it wasn't what they expected, they rejected it. - In the long run with Camp Carnival it will probably all work out for the good!)

Looks like I'll be climbing the ladder. I thought that we had plenty of room for two and will push the envelope for 3. The savings outweighs the cost of the single supplement. Heck, we did not spend much time in the cabin anyway. Thanks for the discussion.

While I can only speak about my own cruise, my parents and I are booked in a cat. 8C. The first and second person rate is $699 and the third is $359. This is also the military rate. While it is not exactly half for the the 3rd person it is close. This does not include taxes/fees and gratuities.

The cost for the 3rd and 4th passenger sharing a cabin depends on the time of year. If you book a cruise, say, the middle to end of January (when parents are reluctant to yank the kids out of school after their having been off for the Christmas break), the fares for 3rd and 4th are quite reasonable (sometimes even FREE, you pay only port taxes). However, during a holiday break or summer, the rates can be almost equal to the first and second passengers. We are taking our kids on a cruise the end of May/beginning of June, and we are paying $800 pp for the first and second in an inside guarantee, and $700 for the third passenger.

In the immortal words of Frank Barone, "Holy Cr@p!"

Diet sprite everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang it - just got this computer out of the shop!

For the 5 in one cabin 3 adults and 2 kids and 4 of the 5 are female - my advice is - Get to know the Spa shower!

Archived