My time dining - reservations - why?

On 12/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, Jasonmom said:

How does someone know what will be going on in the ship to make up minds what time to book? I don't know what time the shows will be, but I know my mom will want to go to them. Is there a place to find out this information before on the ship the day of the show?

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Forums mobile app

Good point.  Show times are generally in-line with traditional dining times.

Edited by BigDaddyCVO

On 12/28/2017 at 5:25 PM, 03063Dad said:

I really didn't know this was an option and just went on to begin reserving specific times. For each night the available times jump from 5:15 to 7:30. Are time in between usually available and just already booked?

How far out is your sailing? We are sailing on Anthem in June and were able to make reservation from 6:00pm on. We were also able to book shows so we scheduled dinner around that. I only have to change one day for dinner because the show is at 6:30 and we are booked for 6:00 each night.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:39 AM, It'sRC4ME said:

I'm curious - what do demographics have to do with whether a party of two is seated quickly? Are older folks seated ahead of younger folks who have been waiting longer? Are minorities made to wait unnecessarily?

I definitely see a pattern on other lines. For example Princess attracts an older demographic who prefer to eat early. They actually have two early traditional seating times to accommodate this. On the lines that are more multi generational I don’t know how there would be a pattern other than the majority like to eat between 6:30 and 7:30. It probably has more to do with itinerary, port times and entertainment.