Menu questions

GinnyHoppa811

I have a few questions I haven’t been able to find the answers to.

Has the children’s menu changed in the last couple years? Will it vary by ship (particularly the first sailing of the Bliss)? Is it the same across the ship? I have one extremely particular eater and our dining choices may span the possibilities. Is there a gluten free kids menu? The standard kids fare is all he will eat, especially under in new or exciting places, and they tend to be the opposite of gluten free.

Regarding allergy needs, who should I be talking to on the first day? We’ll be on the first Bliss sailing and I’m nervous about not having previous experiences to base plans on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should have gluten feee pizza, pasta, bread, muffins, chicken nuggets, pancakes, waffles, French toast... Call NCL before your cruise, there will be a message on your cabin phone. If you go to the MDR after embarking, someone will most likely meet you there. You can plan meals ahead of time. Dd14 has cruised 3 times and loves the food more on the ships than at home!

As the above suggested, make sure ncl is aware in advance. I took hubbie to guest services on day 1 to sort his out, we met one of the officers but they wanted us to pick where we would be eating each day, as we couldn't pin that down, we suggested we didn't mind waiting longer for food if needed. Hubbies was a fish and nut allergy so as long as we avoided dishes without those in it we were ok.

I think gluten free would be easy to sort, we made sure the waitress/waiter knew when we were seated each time. Although it is on your key card, we thought we would make sure.

You could let NCL know in advance of preferred options and if it is possible for them to provide these or not. They should have some idea from other ships what the gluten free options might be. That way you can know a little in advance.