Oasis Central Park Balcony Cabin

Hi,

We're looking at pricing the Oasis Transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona sailing in April 2019, if we book a Central Park balcony, which is the best side to get most sunshine from the sailing. I know normally ocean view balcony cabins, its port side sailing Westbound and Starboard sailing Eastbound, but would it be the same for Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony Cabins?

TIA

Hi,

We're looking at pricing the Oasis Transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona sailing in April 2019, if we book a Central Park balcony, which is the best side to get most sunshine from the sailing. I know normally ocean view balcony cabins, its port side sailing Westbound and Starboard sailing Eastbound, but would it be the same for Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony Cabins?

TIA

We've booked starboard CP for Oasis Margaret ;-)

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

Yes. I’m looking at the same sailing but Boardwalk Balcony and worked out port side would be facing south more than starboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ned,

That's what I was thinking, because the Starboard side of the outside of the ship would get the sun, so it would be the opposite for the balconies inside the ship?

Margaret

I become Platinum in May after my Symphony cruise and not sure whether it's worth waiting till after that cruise to book. Also, if I book through RCI direct, if the price changes, would I be able to get the better deal (I live in the UK)?

I become Emerald in May after my Symphony cruise and not sure whether it's worth waiting till after that cruise to book. Also, if I book through RCI direct, if the price changes, would I be able to get the better deal (I live in the UK)?
No they don't normally honour price drops in UK anymore. We book through US TA. We've found transatlantic prices are usually best when they are first released or after final payment, but then flights can be higher after final.

No they don't normally honour price drops in UK anymore. We book through US TA. We've found transatlantic prices are usually best when they are first released or after final payment, but then flights can be higher after final.

Ahh, I was thinking about the flights. It’s nearly 3 times as much for a single ticket than a return.

I would get $200 OBC if I book on the Symphony at the Next Cruise desk but then the price may go up.

There’s so much to think about! [emoji37]

Ahh, I was thinking about the flights. It’s nearly 3 times as much for a single ticket than a return.

I would get $200 OBC if I book on the Symphony at the Next Cruise desk but then the price may go up.

This is another reason we book with US as you can then book your one way long haul flight through air2sea

For flights for this cruise have a look at Thomas Cook Airlines, they are flying from Manchester to Orlando the day before and I think the Thursday before the cruise (they actually have the prices on their website now!!) for approx. £400 one way

Then all you need to find is a flight from Barcelona home

Margaret

For flights for this cruise have a look at Thomas Cook Airlines, they are flying from Manchester to Orlando the day before and I think the Thursday before the cruise (they actually have the prices on their website now!!) for approx. £400 one way

Margaret

Hi Margaret and Lorraine,

Hope all is well and Happy New Year.

I've been looking it flights for Symphony next October/November.

I thought Thomas Cook was a lot more expensive than they were last year.

I might do Jet2 from Glasgow to Barcelona then American Airlines from Miami to Orlando then Iceland air to Glasgow.

I would usually do Norwegian air but they have changed the days they fly to Gatwick. Norwegian are always later in releasing there flights.

Norwegian is the cheapest at the moment and are very good, I might fly to Gatwick then get EasyJet up the road. There is no direct flights to Barcelona from Edinburgh on a Sunday, so might go Saturday and book a hotel for 1 night.

You will have the same options in reverse. We done Jewel last April with Thomas Cook or Condor which is the same.

Skyscanner will combine the flights from Edinburgh to Fort Lauderdale via Gatwick. If you do it on your own you will have to book 2 separate flights.

Margaret

Thanks for info. Don’t normally find the flights out so early.

I’ll take a look. I generally fly with Virgin but only have flights up to the end of November. Also, I use Vueling back to Manchester from Barcelona on previous and up and coming cruise so I’ll take a look at them too.

Thanks again. [emoji846]

I might do Jet2 from Glasgow to Barcelona then American Airlines from Miami to Orlando then Iceland air to Glasgow.

I would usually do Norwegian air but they have changed the days they fly to Gatwick. Norwegian are always later in releasing there flights.

Norwegian is the cheapest at the moment and are very good, I might fly to Gatwick then get EasyJet up the road. There is no direct flights to Barcelona from Edinburgh on a Sunday, so might go Saturday and book a hotel for 1 night.

You will have the same options in reverse. We done Jewel last April with Thomas Cook or Condor which is the same.

Skyscanner will combine the flights from Edinburgh to Fort Lauderdale via Gatwick. If you do it on your own you will have to book 2 separate flights.

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year to you too when it comes. :-D

I've had a look for Symphony too also doing Serenade afterwards so a few dates are only just out. Best currently is £262 with choice air but will need to wait for work to authorise leave :-(

We tried Norwegian Edinburgh to Barcelona this year and really liked them (and the price) so would love to do long haul with them but as you say no dates out yet for November. I think we'll fly out on Saturday and stay 1 night in Barcelona.

Thanks for info. Don’t normally find the flights out so early.

I’ll take a look. I generally fly with Virgin but only have flights up to the end of November. Also, I use Vueling back to Manchester from Barcelona on previous and up and coming cruise so I’ll take a look at them too.

Thanks again. [emoji846]

Yeah too early for April 2019, scheduled airlines are normally 330 days before.

Yeah too early for April 2019, scheduled airlines are normally 330 days before.

Hi Lorraine,

Thomas Cook Airlines have flight prices already out for April 2019 from Manchester in their website, I was surprised to see it. They are quoting £400 pp from Manchester to Orlando (MCO). No one else is showing flights that far in advance

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Lorraine,

Thomas Cook Airlines have flight prices already out for April 2019 from Manchester in their website, I was surprised to see it. They are quoting £400 pp from Manchester to Orlando (MCO). No one else is showing flights that far in advance

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah it is the scheduled airlines who usually stick to approx 330 days, the charters come out earlier. Not a bad price for booking in UK for one way though. I'm hoping choiceair or Norwegian price is still ok once I'm able to book ;-)

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year to you too when it comes. Thanks for the info for flights to/from Scotland, it will come in handy nearer the time. We're on Jewel Eastbound this May, and then we're hopefully booking Oasis Eastbound for 2019.

Did you have a boardwalk balcony on Harmony? Did you like it? could you see the Aqua shows from it and was it port side or starboard?

Lorraine, has given me info for CP balconies, I have a friend who is trying to gain as much info as possible before they decide to book too!!!

Margaret

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year to you too when it comes. Thanks for the info for flights to/from Scotland, it will come in handy nearer the time. We're on Jewel Eastbound this May, and then we're hopefully booking Oasis Eastbound for 2019.

Did you have a boardwalk balcony on Harmony? Did you like it? could you see the Aqua shows from it and was it port side or starboard?

Lorraine, has given me info for CP balconies, I have a friend who is trying to gain as much info as possible before they decide to book too!!!

Margaret

I had a Boardwalk Balcony on the 3rd December sailing and I loved it. I was right at the start of them in 12293 and could see the Aqua theatre but struggled to see one corner. The further you are towards the theatre the more you see.

You have the ringing of the bell of the carousel till 10pm and the music at the theatre is very loud but again, not on late. I really liked having the soda package included in the deal. Saved me £55 for the week. 137a887ca3348ad2dfe5bc0019270721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk01d0ba59fd3d34307e221f72cc8ae942.jpg1707d6fa25ce84ed14d158af804299fc.jpg

Hi Alex,

Margaret

We had a portside boardwalk balcony on Harmony and liked it. We were a few rooms back so didn't get a great view of aqua show, think you'd need to be in first couple of end cabins to get the best view :-)