Inquiring minds want to know

chapultepec

A belated Merry Christmas to all the CC menbers, and I hope 2018 brings many new adventures for us at sea.

I'll be on the Regal (5th time on her) Apr. 01, 2018 and was wondering for any cc members who have sailed out of Port Everglades since the upgrades on Terminal 2 if you can fill me in on any changes to line ups, entrances etc.

In previous years, there were (2) lines along the side of the terminal . . preferred and non. Does Princess still queue the passengers that way or is there a new entrance. . . can you still arrive early to the pier? Last year I got there at 8 AM, and to my surprise there were passengers already lined up.

I'm opting out of the medallion, (too set in my ways to embrace the new technology) and in an email I received from Princess last month, the option of using a card instead of the medallion isn't going away anytime soon. The ***** is supposed to make it easier to board, but how does Princess process the passengers so that a first timer can't bypass an Elite / Suite guest because they have the ***** versus one who doesn't, and is there a dedicated pre-boarding area for full suites, this will be my first cruise in a full suite, is there a separate waiting area for that? Can't wait to experience all of the perks that come with a full suite.

Thanks in advance for any information you can pass along.

Happy New Year!!!!

I am also curious about entering the terminal. Last year we went to the same place we always do for elite, suites and no one was in line. There were 2 very long lines and I ask someone in line if they knew where elite line was and they said right here!

Wow! My mom is in a wheelchair so we did end up in a shorter line but that was a first for us. I don't mind waiting in a line but prefer not to do it in heat, lol.

You will love the suite life. Do not miss breakfast in Sabatinis. Fantastic! (Or whatever venue on your ship if Sabatinis is gone) There is a PDF you can download and print with all the Perks of a suite if you haven't already seen it.

Happy sailing!

mamaboss,

Something I just found out from my Princess cruise vacation planner. Since I'm sailing alone in a full suite, I'll get (3) credits!!

That puts me just (1) sailing away from Elite.

Ciao

Lol! Yes that is also an excellent perk when traveling in a suite you get an extra credit.

I am also curious about entering the terminal. Last year we went to the same place we always do for elite, suites and no one was in line. There were 2 very long lines and I ask someone in line if they knew where elite line was and they said right here!

Wow! My mom is in a wheelchair so we did end up in a shorter line but that was a first for us. I don't mind waiting in a line but prefer not to do it in heat, lol.

You will love the suite life. Do not miss breakfast in Sabatinis. Fantastic! (Or whatever venue on your ship if Sabatinis is gone) There is a PDF you can download and print with all the Perks of a suite if you haven't already seen it.

Happy sailing!

It is not uncommon these days for the Elite line to be as long if not longer than the other line in Fort Lauderdale. The number of Elite passengers is growing and can be very high on many Caribbean cruises. So these days you can have a bit of a wait in lines outside the terminal in Fort Lauderdale. The advantage of preferred boarding or the Elite status is once inside the terminal preferred boarding is still boarded first onto the ship. If a lot of the preferred boarding passengers arrive early to the terminal then the line will be long. Not much Princess can do. Sometimes you are quicker to stand in the other line to get inside the terminal then sit in the preferred boarding room.

Whether you are an ***** participant or not by chance or choice has nothing to do with boarding priority. There is a new larger and re-modeled room upstairs for Elite, Platinum, Suites, Club Class. But each person has a boarding priority group. Don't worry about that part. As for a line to get into the building. IMO, that is unpredictable as it depends on your arrival, the number of priority guests and when they arrive.