Regent Twin/King bed combo

mmcguir

Maybe an odd or off-topic request: We have enjoyed the beds on Regent (and some other luxury cruise lines). It’s amazing to me that two independent twin beds can be made very *very* comfortable (imho) as a king-ish sized bed. We would like to set up a guest room with 2 twin beds that can be converted to a nice king bed for couples. A quick search of the web reveals some pretty cheesy looking products. Can anyone point me in the direction of beds and/or related products that would approach the quality of the Regent set-up? I assume theirs is somewhat of a trade secret. Thanks!!

Well, since no one has responded to your query, I will, though my suggestion may come to nothing. Why not just ask Regent how they manage the trick? I've needed to ask Regent several "bed" questions in the past (bed widths in certain cabins, on each ship). Of course the agent who answers the phone doesn't know such details, but each time they've sent a query over to the department who has that kind of info and I've gotten a specific reply. Not impossible that they may be able to provide some information about your question: certainly worth a try.

I hope you find what you're looking for-- and I agree that the beds are mighty comfortable.

Greetings from sunny and warm South Beach, Everyone. We just disembarked Explorer on December 20th. While on board, we received a brochure about the mattress and the linens, and how to purchase them. If interested, and you don't get a brochure, just ask.

Mary