Combining Nelson’s Dockyard with Beach Limerz?

Vineyard View

We will be visiting Antigua for our first time. I would like to know how possible it is to combine spending time in Nelson’s Dockyard & then a few hours at Beach Limerz? We will have other opportunities on the trip for beach time, and DH is not an all day Beach person. But Limerz looks and sounds so relaxing and beautiful. So.....

How much time do you recommend that we allot for the Dockyard? Do we want to really focus the bigger portion of the day here? If this was your first visit would you visit just one or both....

our port time is a full day....I believe 8-6.

Thank you

Thank you! It doesn’t HAVE to be Limerz beach, I just really like what I have read about them....I think it’s more about Time allotment for the Dockyards....and then open to suggestions following that....because Antigua is also known for beautiful beaches.

We will take a cab.....so we will be flexible, and would go there first if we decide to do both. So does the Dockyard justify a half day.....more time, less.....eat lunch there -or plan on a just couple hours and move on to a beach for food/drink rest of the day plan.

Thank you

If it was me and I have been to both, I would go asap to Nelson's dockyard and Shirley heights. I remember them having guides there (we just explored on our own). You can eat there OR if you can hold out, eat at Beach Limez. Really good food. Or eat at both places :). I'd stay until noon or until you can't take the sun and then make your way to the beach. I have a restless husband who doesn't like sitting on beach all day (avid snorkeler and explorer) so I understand the not wanting to plop on a beach chair all day and see things. There are plenty of cabs at the cruise port and at Nelson's. You can arrange for the one who takes you to beach limez to drive you back to the port. I love Antigua and found the people who live there are really nice.

If it was me and I have been to both, I would go asap to Nelson's dockyard and Shirley heights. I remember them having guides there (we just explored on our own). You can eat there OR if you can hold out, eat at Beach Limez. Really good food. Or eat at both places :). I'd stay until noon or until you can't take the sun and then make your way to the beach. I have a restless husband who doesn't like sitting on beach all day (avid snorkeler and explorer) so I understand the not wanting to plop on a beach chair all day and see things. There are plenty of cabs at the cruise port and at Nelson's. You can arrange for the one who takes you to beach limez to drive you back to the port. I love Antigua and found the people who live there are really nice.

THANK YOU! This is really great guidance and sounds like a wonderful day. Having an estimate on how to divide the timing is very much appreciated.

Joining in because we are considering doing the same. Dockyard and Shirley's with some beach time. No particular beach as of yet.

Can anyone advise me if renting a car and going it on your own a good idea in Antiqua? In terms of safety, reliable vehicles, navigation, road conditions, etc? There are 5 in our party.

It's right side driving on left side of road (opposite of usa). Download a map before you go from Google maps or get GPS as road signs aren't great. Some areas have potholes so be careful with speeds. That being said, go for it. I have said it before on here that the most beautiful beach is half moon beach and you need good GPS or downloaded map to phone to get to it as it is 45 minutes away but really beautiful. If you just want to do the boatyard and beaches then rent a car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It's right side driving on left side of road (opposite of usa). Download a map before you go from Google maps or get GPS as road signs aren't great. Some areas have potholes so be careful with speeds. That being said, go for it. I have said it before on here that the most beautiful beach is half moon beach and you need good GPS or downloaded map to phone to get to it as it is 45 minutes away but really beautiful. If you just want to do the boatyard and beaches then rent a car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was considering the local bus to Nelson’s dockyard. Is it unrealistic to take a bus to the nearest beach? If so which beach would you recommend? Ideally I would like to do a beach between dockyard and cruise port. We have kids 3 boys ages 9,9,8. A kid friendly beach would be nice from a safety stand point.