I hate tourist traps. Is Punta Sur a good choice?

TheLargeFamily

We all loved Punta Sur. Been there about 4 times. You need to hire a driver for the day. Last time at the park admission was $14. Per person, kids 3 to 11 was $8.00. There is a light house you can tour, very small mayan ruin, an observation platform where you can see crocs sometimes. After that we have the driver take us to the end of the road. It has to be the most beautiful beach on the whole island. They give tours to the mangrove lagoon where you are almost guaranteed to se crocs,included in admission price. Snorkeling is aways off the beach, but is one of the best, small place selling food and drinks.

Taxis are regulated in Cozumel and ALL prices are posted on a large sign at your port. There is a big taxi area where drivers pull up and a man stands at the sign and asks you where you want to go, then calls the taxi over.

I don't recall what the taxi was for , I think it was about 200., for a van ,for abou 8 hours. You want the driver to stay and wait for you. They have a long area with posts and net to provide shade and a lot of net hammocks. Free to use as long as you buy some food or refreshments

Also, we have never used the cabs from in the pier. I always walk out and talk to van driver as we usually have 6 or 8 in out group. Tell them what we want to do and see and how much that want to stay with us the whole time. Sometimes I take their suggestions of what to do, but usually we know where and what we want to see and do.