Taxis or tours at the dock

Giantfan13

In my last thread I asked about swimming with the Sting Rays. We still haven't decided on that. We are leaving this Friday on our cruise and may not have internet access so we want to try and get something done before we leave. If not, are there taxi's who you can hire for a tour of the island, or any tour groups that might be at the dock, where you can sign on for a last minute tour.

I went to trip Advisor and tried to contact I think it was Gordon

tours but haven't heard back. Can we just get off the ship and found a tour of the island, and about at what cost should we be looking at (not to get ripped off).

Cheers

Len

In my last thread I asked about swimming with the Sting Rays. We still haven't decided on that. We are leaving this Friday on our cruise and may not have internet access so we want to try and get something done before we leave. If not, are there taxi's who you can hire for a tour of the island, or any tour groups that might be at the dock, where you can sign on for a last minute tour.

I went to trip Advisor and tried to contact I think it was Gordon

tours but haven't heard back. Can we just get off the ship and found a tour of the island, and about at what cost should we be looking at (not to get ripped off).

Cheers

Len

I believe there are taxi's at the dock. We had arranged a tour to pick us up near by, and they didn't show up, so a taxi driver found us and offered to take us on a tour and to a beach. I don't remember how much it cost, but I believe it was very reasonable.

I believe that you can walk a few blocks into town from the port and will be bombarded by taxi drivers wanting to take you for the day. The last time we were there, we decided to go with a guy who was less aggressive than most of the other taxi drivers and we had a GREAT experience! The main points are that you will definitely find English speaking drivers interested in giving you a tour (can include time at a beach or whatever) and that the drivers were kept out of the immediate dock area, but were easy to find a few blocks away.

Both taxis to take you to a specific place and tours of several places are available when you are off the pier. No need to worry if you do not have anythng pre-booked. You will likely travel with others doing the same thing so be sure to get a clear quote on the price before you get into the vehicle. We did not do it ourselves, so I can't give you a cost unfortunately.