Car Seat for a 2 Year Old?

We're heading out on Navigator in 11 days and my SIL is bringing her son that is turning 2 years old while on the cruise. In Cozumel, we wanted to go to Paradise Beach, but my SIL is not bringing a car seat. Is this going to be a problem? Any suggestions for someone that's bringing a 2 year old on a cruise for the first time?

There's no legal requirement for child car seats in Mexico. But of course, the laws of physics don't change based on your jurisdiction. It's strictly up to the parents/guardians to decide what precautions they want to take, and to live with the consequences of that choice.

No, they are driving from Tennessee.

If they are concerned about it, they can check the car seat on as luggage to the ship. Just store it in the closet until it is needed. This is what I would have done, as sitting them in your lap is only safe if nothing goes wrong. It is that chance of an accident that makes us use car seats when we aren't on vacation.

Stick the kid on your lap or next to you.

That's what we always did.

Mexico does not care what you do.

If you have a scooter there, you can transport a family of 5.....

sure- do that- because that is safe transportation for a baby! sheesh- I have worked in pediatric surgery for 30+ years and can't tell you some horror stories of unsecured children in auto accidents!