NCL Gem - Any On-Board Reports Regarding The Winter Storm?

mikes

Hubby was wishing we sailed Gem yesterday, but I was wondering if they avoided this storm. Could be rough seas.

We live along Cape Cod Bay and the winds have been howling all day. We are thrilled we haven't lost power. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Our driveway is covered in slush. Guessing our tires will be frozen in ice by morning.

We sail Jan 13. Can't wait!!!

Hubby was wishing we sailed Gem yesterday, but I was wondering if they avoided this storm. Could be rough seas.

We live along Cape Cod Bay and the winds have been howling all day. We are thrilled we haven't lost power. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Our driveway is covered in slush. Guessing our tires will be frozen in ice by morning.

We sail Jan 13. Can't wait!!!

We are on that cruise too. Only 9 days

No news is good news, IMO on the Gem. It was rough in the morning, followed her for most of the day on her live shipcam - racing away to head south ... should be somewhere down in the Carolinas by this evening while this storm is racing north up into the north Atlantic/Canada.

We sailed her 5 years ago against an incoming Nor-Easter via an "opening" overnight - had a smaller storm again last Halloween but by the morning of Day 2, all was calm & behind us. Ships is fast and can go 24 to 25 knots with a good tail wind advantage.

NCL's ship captains are well known and highly respected for their skills as mariner.

I am on the Gem now. Captain is wonderful, went thru storm, 100mph plus winds, 40 plus foot waves, did fine. Were indoors first day and a half. You will find videos posted soon enough. Many were taking them. In Antigua. No damage.

Thanks for replying. Enjoy your cruise.