Viking Hemming on the Douro in September 2018

JojoJane

My husband and I will be cruising the Douro, including two nights at a 5 star hotel in Lisbon, in September 2018 and I have no idea what to expect with regard to the weather and what to wear. I would really appreciate any help or opinions so that I can decide (and I know it's really early to be thinking about this) what to pack. I don't want to take too many clothes as we will be travelling to Lisbon by train from the UK. I will welcome any comments on the weather we might get, what to wear and advice from anyone who has already done this cruise.

Thanks.

JojoJane

We just got back from the Douro with Viking in October. The weather reached high's in the mid 80's to a few days that didn't get out of the 60's. We had rain for a few days. No sense obsessing about what to pack now. Wait until the week before your trip and look at the 10 day forecast. It should help you plan better. Here is a link to my review. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2554088&highlight=viking+douro. You will enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

I use weatherunderground.com

on that site you can put in dates and see what weather has been like in the past.

I figure if I go back each year for 5 or so, you get good idea of what to expect...and the calendar by month then selecting the different years is really easy to do.

My husband and I will be cruising the Douro, including two nights at a 5 star hotel in Lisbon, in September 2018 and I have no idea what to expect with regard to the weather and what to wear. I would really appreciate any help or opinions so that I can decide (and I know it's really early to be thinking about this) what to pack. I don't want to take too many clothes as we will be travelling to Lisbon by train from the UK. I will welcome any comments on the weather we might get, what to wear and advice from anyone who has already done this cruise.

Thanks.

JojoJane

Good morning JoJo.

I have the complete answer for you.

My wife and I did this cruise and I wrote a full review on my cruise Blog. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/08/06/viking-hemming-and-portugals-river-of-gold/

There are over 40 photographs and although we were a month before you there won't be that much temperature difference...

14793011172_603aa51f58_z.jpg

Out of interest I also wrote a review on our time in Lisbon, again you may find it useful. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/08/20/one-way-to-do-lisbon/

14749244150_7e3a812323_z.jpg