Cruise Momentos

SS Cruise Lady

I usually buy hot sauces or jellies or liquers or something unique to the spots we are visiting, so I also have a fridge full of crazy carribbean hot sauces. I like to make fried plantains and eat them with the sauces.

Also, I was so impressed with the Martini Bar on my first X cruise that I kept one of the menus. I went home and stocked my liquor cabinet according to the menu. On that trip I bought a couple of Orrefors crystal martini glasses on super-special at Little Switzerland in St. Maarten. So, my martini hobby is a major memento of all my X trips!

We always seem to get carried away when we arrive at a new port. The local paper will give us a sense of what is happening and what is important. I always check out the real estate for sale ads. Wow, if I followed my heart, we would own property on 15 islands in the Caribbean. Thankfully, we did not buy any, but we kept the papers to look at occasionally.

Jim

I always buy a "refrigerator magnet" with the name of the ship on it. Since I've been on 42 cruises, you can imagine what the side of my refrigerator looks like. ;)

Me too,and between all the magnets and my large number of metal fillings,it's no wonder that I am "drawn" to the refrigerator.

We always seem to get carried away when we arrive at a new port. The local paper will give us a sense of what is happening and what is important. I always check out the real estate for sale ads. Wow, if I followed my heart, we would own property on 15 islands in the Caribbean. Thankfully, we did not buy any, but we kept the papers to look at occasionally.

Jim

I'm the same way. Real estate nut. Grew up listening to stories about Castro stealing sugar plantations and I always chicken out. Usually end up with Cuban coffee and rum cake. LOL

Jim

I owned a real estate appraisal business for years. Even though I am now a retired appraiser, real estate is still in my blood, so I also check out real estate whenever we are on vacation :)

I also like to buy hats but the best thing we get is a Christmas ornament from all the ports we visit. It's alot of fun this time of year when we put up the tree and have these as reminders of the places we have visited.

I also have a menu from the martini bar and the kids restock my liquor cabinet at Christmas.

Kevin

My boy-friend started me a charm bracelet and now whenever we go anywhere I always get a new charm for my bracelet. The last one I added was a sterling silver charm of mickey mouse's ears from Florida.

My wife has one too. Our first cruise was with my Mother and Step Father. My mom bought my wife a charm on the cruise as a memento, and we have added to it each cruise. She is ready for another chain at this point.....:)

By the time we are done, in our wheel chairs, I hope it weights twenty pounds....:D

What momentos do you have from past cruises that you are glad you bought?
The white Celebrity "golf shirts" that have POCKETS! Why glad? Sometime after our 4/05 cruise, they discontinued them! The new ones (12/05) don't have pockets.

A good chuckle from this last Galaxy trip: wearing one of these for boarding, and as it happened, wearing it with a pair of khakis, I was mistaken for someone from Celebrity twice by fellow passengers. One wanted to know what day they were selling the shirts at a discount, and the other wanted directions to the Savoy.:D

Wherever we go, I usually try to buy a small piece of original art from a local artist as a memento.
If you get to Panama, the Embera tribe makes some very nice cocobolo wood sculptures of hummingbirds hovering over a flower (among other things). We've been there three times, and purchased a slightly different version of the hummingbird each time. You'll find them if you take the tour that lands you at the village, or you can even get these right at the port from their tribal art table at Cristobal before you reboard the ship.

Archived