Rental car advice, Maui and Kauaii

Lucky Granny

Just wondering if there is a dropbox at the location in Maui by the pier and where do you park if you do two day rental?

As to your first question, the following is from the Enterprise website. We would take that to mean no.:

"Non-airport locations -

• Require that their rental vehicles be returned during normal business hours. Please check with your branch about Sunday hours."

As to your second question, the best place is the public parking lot at Kahului Airport.

Just wondering if there is a dropbox at the location in Maui by the pier and where do you park if you do two day rental?

The Maui location by the pier does not have a drop box. The entire lot is fenced in. We only rented on the second day so didn’t park overnight anywhere.

Also, here is a video we made of the walk back from enterprise in Maui.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Silver Sweethearts, I wouldn't have thought that walkway was Maui's idea....it appears to be something the State Department had to install to keep everyone safe. The POA's decision to dock there is the reason we are put at risk. I'm glad I could see the video so I know what to expect. I did this cruise ten years ago but have completely forgotten how each pier looked. It's not a big deal. Island time!

Silver Sweethearts, I wouldn't have thought that walkway was Maui's idea....it appears to be something the State Department had to install to keep everyone safe. The POA's decision to dock there is the reason we are put at risk. I'm glad I could see the video so I know what to expect. I did this cruise ten years ago but have completely forgotten how each pier looked. It's not a big deal. Island time!

If the POA wants to dock, we see no alternative to Kahului. We're not sure what you mean by "the reason we are put at risk". The harbor is run by the State Department of Transportation, not the State Department. The dock looked a bit different ten years ago though. Heck, you could even park in the area then.

In Maui we docked at Lahaini and rented from Hertz. They came and picked us up. They were located in a hotel. They let you drop off after hours also.

The TS will be on the POA though, which means Kahului instead of Lahaina. We aren't sure if the rules are the same at every Hertz location or not.