GSC Excursion Priority Tender Question

bnbadventures

We booked the large cabana and the snorkel gear for GSC. The cabana was booked by another group we are traveling with but I booked the snorkeling gear.

I've searched the forum here but I still don't have an understanding of how the tendering process works for those with excursions. Can anyone advise on the process and because we are sharing the cabana with 2 other groups, how do we get the priority tendering? What's the best way to make sure we use the priority tendering process? I just want to make sure we take advantage of the earliest tender possible.

Thanks!

Any "excursion" (cabana, clam shell, snorkel gear, etc.) that has a shore ex ticket allows you to have priority tendering. The first couple of tenders of the day are usually pretty empty. Late morning, the tenders will fill up. First-come-First-Serve (except of suites) on your return to the ship.

We were at GSC on 12/29 from the Escape. We had were traveling with a group of 18 and had a small cabana and snorkeling and kayaking excursions booked for some as well. The whole group of 18 was allowed to go in the first tender group. We checked in at the theater and sat waiting to be called. They led people row by row out to the tender area. It was pretty organized and orderly. I think we ended up being on the 2nd tender over. Most of the day was great but the winds picked up and all the kayaking and snorkeling was cancelled. The cabana was great though.

Not sure if you had several cabanas, but the small cabanas are limited to six people with the ability to pay for an additional 2 at $25 each, and the large accommodates 8 with the ability to pay for an additional two. They distribute and attach bracelets for the people who will be in the cabana when you check in at booth for excursions on the island. I'm sure you likely rented a few, I just don't want people to read this and get the idea that you can have 18 people in one cabana.

We loved our cabana too, and had the same weather. Okay in the morning, then windy and rainy in the afternoon. The last tender back got drenched.