Is it possible to spend day on Tortola from St. Thomas stop?

SarahD112

We’ll be on RCCL freedom this June and have been to St. Thomas several times. We’ve been to St. John’s as well. Is it feasible to go to Tortola for the day? How can it be done and what would you recommend we see/do there? We’re a group of 10, youngest is 13.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure that Tortola is doable from St. Thomas for a cruise stop and like the other person mentioned is still recovering as it was hit hard.

We have been to St. Thomas a lot as well, and we started chartering a sailboat or a catamaran for the day with a captain. Gets you away from the crowds, swim/dive/snorkeling, lunch and drinks on the boat - it's a great day!

• 3 weeks later...

Ferry service between St. Thomas and Tortola doesn't always run as scheduled, and you cannot reserve a seat. I personally wouldn't try it unless the ship's next port is Tortola. And in that scenario, I would sooooo be on the ferry to Tortola! :D

Some of the ships used to have a Dolphin Swim excursion that took people to Tortola. That would be the only way I'd go to Tortola from St Thomas on a cruise. Not that I'd do the dolphin swim, but depending on how many hours the excursion is in Tortola might be worth it to go that route.

I'm not sure that Tortola is doable from St. Thomas for a cruise stop and like the other person mentioned is still recovering as it was hit hard.

We have been to St. Thomas a lot as well, and we started chartering a sailboat or a catamaran for the day with a captain. Gets you away from the crowds, swim/dive/snorkeling, lunch and drinks on the boat - it's a great day!

Could you share who you have use to charter a sailboat for the day

Thank You