My Time Dining question

This is my first "real" post on here. We are taking our first RC cruise on the Allure in June with my parents. We (me, my hubby, 14 yo son and 10 yo daughter) will be in a room right next to my parents (who have cruised RC many times). We have taken one cruise before with Disney.

Here is my question: Our reservations are linked together, but somehow my dad got a set 5:30 dining time and we are wait listed so we have my time dining. I went ahead and chose 5:30 for all of our dinners, but I'm bummed that as of right now we aren't eating with them at all. How ofter do people get what they want if they are on the wait list?

When you board go see the maitre’d and ask for help. If your parents are already assigned a table they should be able to accommodate your request. Also, on a more positive note there is already a chance that you are assigned to the same table and it just isn’t showing in your reservation. We had a similar incident and it was fixed right away. Enjoy your cruise

Normally with linked reservations everyone gets the same type of dining and they are seated at the same table. As pinkrosesdeb said, it may very well already be fixed. Not sure I would wait until boarding to check, though.

If you booked through a travel agent then they have to change dining types for you - you can't do it by calling Royal. We had a problem where two people in same cabin had different type of dining and I couldn't do any reservations online even for that type of linking. So if you did use a TA, call them and have them fix the problem. If you booked direct and parents used a TA that might be the cause of your issue.

Another option is to move everyone to Mytime Dining. Then you could make a reservation for 5:30 for the entire party as long as you know their booking number. Everyone sits at the same table first night, and when you leave you ask the hostess to book you into the same table for the rest of the cruise. Lots of folks doing Mytime like to have the same waiters each night (although you don't have to) and the staff is used to making this happen.

We didn't like Disney dining except for decor. They rush you through dinner and seating is really cramped. The best thing about Mytime is that the food is ready when you are and you don't have to wait for 800 other people to finish a course.

Your TA should have been able to fix this. Your TA doesn't have to call to get it fixed. You can call them about dining times. We did it this weekend. Call Royal Caribbean and ask them to either put the rest of the party at the 5:30 dining with your Dad, or switch everyone to 5:30 in My Time Dining. You'll have to have your parent's booking/confirmation number to do it. Looks like your Travel Agent failed to link the reservations. If the reservations are linked, they will all have the same dining time/place.

We both used the same travel agent. I called our agent today. She looked at it today and it said we were on the waiting list but my parents were booked for the 5:30 dining time.

Now that we know more detail, I would say, with pure speculation to have your parents call Crown and Anchor directly with their reservation number and C&A should be able to move you with them assuming they got the 530 dining time because of their status. That C&A rep should be able to see the link and get this done. This is speculation on my part, but let us know if that does work.