A Virgin's Mistakes

drfun48

As 'virgin' cruisers, my husband and I didn't want to miss anything. We say in the days listing: Friends of Bill W. We missed it the first night and when we saw he was meeting with his friends again we mentally decided to go. Then as the day progressed with new found wonders of cruising we missed it again. I remember saying to my husband: "He must have a lot of friends!" We never did make it to one of his gatherings, and later found out what we were missing! I can just see me showing up with a drink in hand!

If I'm ever on one of your cruises, this Bill will host a party and you can show up as one of my "friends" anytime...just bring a drink for me, too! :o

I will be leaving on the Galaxy on Saturday for the Panama Canal. Are you able to do these activities onboard Galaxy? If so, how do you do set it up? Are there reservations, cost, or anything else I should know? I have always wanted to do deep sea fishing and never had the chance, hoping I get that chance now! Thanks!!!

Seriously, we returned from the Galaxy on 2/2 and saw a man flying his kite every day off the back of the ship.

On our first cruise, we were afraid to order room service fearing extra charges. It took us three cruises to discover that the Cova pastries were there for the taking as well.

Andy - we did the same thing - never again booked an inside nor will we. We need a smattering of daylight to wake up. Have to keep the blinds open just a crack.

Hi !

As I look back at it, I laugh every time I think about it :)

Just have to add that, on our last cruise, there was a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting every night in a corner of the Martini Bar. I stopped by the first night, said 'hello' and then went on about my cruise with all the friends we'd made on CC. Several times over the course of the week, absolute strangers would walk up, sit down, and introduce themselves to me and the other CC'ers I was seated with, thinking I was the "start" of the friends of Dorothy party. Now, we were always polite, and several times they stayed for the whole cocktail hour, but afterwards, someone would invariably ask "how do you know those guys?" I'd shrug, and say "I just met them right now!":)

We also had, among our CC'ers, a wonderful older woman named Dorothy, who sat in the Martini Bar every night with her one martini (at least that all I saw her order!;) ), and announced to all the straight CC men that joined us that they were now official "friends of Dorothy," and wasn't it nice that it was announced in the dailies every day! She (and I) got quite a chuckle out of that- she was in on the humor of it from the start!:D

Andrew

I didn't know pastries at the Cova were free! We've only been on one cruise (Horizon to Bermuda end of 2004) and remember walking by and drooling over them, but I figured they were probably $10+ a piece or something outrageous, so we walked on by. What a shame, but good for my waistline though! However, the truth is planted in my brain and I'll remember this on our next cruise! Ah, what's a few thousand extra calories in the scheme of things. . . . . .

Archived