live from the golden

sacway

HI - I'm just reading this thread - we are on the Golden January 14th with a group of 48 from our Church!!!!

How was embarkation? I'm also very curious at what time the first group gets called off at the end of the cruise - our Priest's flight just got moved up to 10:22 AM and he cannot get another flight - we are wondering what the very earlist time people are allowed off the ship.

Let us know if anyone knows...

Thanks!

Hello everybody –

I'm writing this while sitting at the shady part of our balcony, enjoying my "ritual" late afternoon glass of wine and also enjoying LOTR:FOTR at the same time while I watch the ship slip through the ocean from our perch at the end of the ship. Mr. Sacway is indoors watching "Ocean's Twelve" on stateroom TV. Later (after dinner I imagine, or even later than that, since there's so much to do!) I'll take my laptop down to the i-net cafe on 5, which has WiFi and see if I can't upload it to CC. Still haven't checked in with the office, imagine everything's fine without us.

We initially embarked with a bit of ship credit so a few of those 35 cent minutes won't be a problem. The onboard i-net cafe is very attractive and the price must be about right, most of the PCs were in use while we were there.

I have another minor correction from yesterday's post. The yellow shirts say "youth" rather than "teen" security.

A bit about mini-suites and the new amenities. Since this is our first Princess cruise, I can't compare the cabin to before, but I was expecting a few things. Did not receive at embarkation any glasses of champagne (couldn't ask our stateroom attendant, who was busy elsewhere.) When we arrived at 11:30 last Saturday people were still disembarking so perhaps there was a snafu at the end of last week's cruise that contributed to a shaky start to this weeks? The Lotus Spa shampoo, conditioner and lotion are in the bathroom and they are regularly replenished. No pillow menu, but when I asked for a feather pillow a fine pair were delivered promptly. (Other than being out of sight at embarkation, our stateroom attendant Eddie has been terrific.) The new sheets are great, so is the duvet. Though the Princess website initially said these were convertible twins, later non-convertible twins, we did have them "converted" no problem. But the mattresses themselves are uncomfortable, with a rigid edge. I've read about the egg-crate mattress covers, which might have helped, but we sleep at home on a firm mattress. So last night we pulled out the hide-a-bed from the sofa and slept there.

Today was Isla Margarita, a relatively brief stop, from 7 am till 1 pm (boarding at 12:30). The ship was right on time arriving as has been the case all week long.

We got off around 9 am and thanks to CC did not feel a need to spend $50 for a cab ride round trip to town, instead spent till 12:15 in the immediate area. There's a small port authority/duty free building that we didn't even enter, instead we went straight over to a string of thatched roof vendor stands which offer a variety of locally produced goods: nice looking lower-end pearls in numerous colors, carved goods, and the usual bric-a-brac, reasonably priced. Beyond these were clean restrooms, an open air bar, a cove suitable even for tiny tots to swim, then a second cove, and a sand bar to a longer stretch of beach that ends in what seems like a mangrove type swamp (don't know my South American trees so really can't say what they were). On the way were several tents each with a pair of massage tables ($30 for a half hour), a couple of drink and snack shacks, so plenty of choices for a relaxing morning at the beach. The water was warm. The "sand" was in places more silty and others more gravelly, only a few minnows in the water. If I were to bring toddlers beyond the first beach, I'd put Tevas on them to prevent damage from stepping on anything unfortunate – we saw several sea urchins or something like them (sharp and spiny).

Back aboard, had lunch in the dining room. I've switched to just a roll and green salad, and dessert for lunches. Afterward we tried out the self-serve laundry, one dollar to wash, one to dry, one for detergent if you haven't brought your own. They are not the same size on each deck, so if one is small and busy, the next might be totally empty. There are also irons and ironing boards for free (I didn't need to bring my travel steamer.) Turns out on Thursday Princess offers to do a bag of laundry for $15 which might have worked out fine for us had we known. Walked through the buffet about 4 and there were fresh brownies along with two types of cookies and an assortment of "small" sweets. Having had white chocolate ice cream at lunch, I hurried back to the relative safety of our in-cabin fruits.

Time to get ready for dinner.

embarkation in San Juan-

we were at Pier 4 a little ways from the Sheraton (formerly the Wyndham) OSJ. This is the walkable side, so you can get on, get settled (and eat natch) then get back off and have a good time till closer to sailaway.

we showed up about 11:30 based on our prior cruises on X and RCI and what we'd read, especially since we were dying with anticipation to see our cabin & balcony and get used to a new ship, new line. taxi from condado where we'd stayed precruise was $15 if I remember correctly. The taxi worked his way very close to the terminal, we only had to "lug" our "luggage" about 20 or 30 yards to the porters who were loading the bins. This arrival time turned out to be a bit early; took us about 20 minutes to work our way into the terminal and then only 1 service rep per deck (later there were 2) so a bit of a line. Inside the terminal it was nice and cool and there was music and some fellows dishing tiny cups of free rum punch so really didn't matter that we didn't chase down a glass of free champagne once onboard. even after getting processed we had about another 20 minutes before they opened up the ship about 12:30. so total time to embark, 1 hour.

after settling in, DH went offshore while I had a late afternoon massage at the Lotus Spa. He reported getting off was like swimming upstream -- lots and lots coming onboard. So maybe it was lighter traffic earlier, and not really a problem waiting around for a few minutes.

cruise staff & entertainment -

There are a lot of Puerto Ricans on these cruises out of San Juan, many who do not speak English. It makes it difficult, I think, for the cruise staff & entertainment, who seem to be struggling a bit with pitching activities in two different languages to sometimes dissimilar interests. Plus, the entertainment has been mixed. On the sorrier side, last night's singer in the main theater, JC something, is an operatic tenor, supposedly, and he sang some very familiar pieces. But he also tried to chat up the audience a little in both languages (not too successful in either I fear) and to sing numbers in both languages, plus some Broadway tunes. Plus, he showed what felt like home video from his wedding and introduced his mom in the audience, and sang flat or off-key at times. Overall, it was really weak and I wondered who on Princess is in charge of the entertainment who booked it? The other night was a magician, supposedly working out of Vegas, his assistant/partner had some outfits ("clothes" seems too strong a term) that would be appropriate only in certain parts of Vegas, if you get my drift. On the other hand, like the flamenco dancer first night, the Explorers bar is a nice venue and has had packed crowds several times. And there are always alternatives to whatever you are doing, if one thing turns out to be not very good.

Early disembarkation -

When we got to the port at 11:30 people were still coming off the ship, not sure why it was so late for some groups. The priest with the 10:22 flight risks missing it, but there are a few things he can do to expedite this. First, make sure at the pursor's desk they know when his flight is, so he can get off as soon as possible. If he travels very light and only has a carry on that will save a few minutes finding his luggage in the terminal after getting off the ship. Then, catch a cab to the airport, it's only about 20 minutes away. He might be okay.

nurserachett -

We live downtown, in Land Park. Walnut Grove, is that just north of Stockton? Your son might consider taking the Capitol Corridors train to San Francisco. I too commute to the city, once or twice a week, but I take the train. He can get all the info at their website. There are 10 trains a day and there's a commuter that comes up from Stockton & he can transfer in Sacramento. Much easier and cheaper than driving, and he would both be able to work and eat/snack on the train. LMK if you need more info on this OT by email.

Grenada -

Yes, we bought spice baskets; two large ones and six small ones. It used to be we'd dock in the Carenage area and the spice market was along the waterfront. Now they've got a pier like St. Martin's only not quite so big with the de rigour shopping mall attached that you have to walk through to get to town, and the spice market's about a block in from the pier, not as picturesque but same old goodies. I mention this since there's a shop in the mall that sells mainly spices but you will pay more than double the cost as you would at the market, and in fact in the market you can have them make up a fresh basket for you with just the things you want. The only thing I thought about buying and didn't was a jar of grapefruit marmalade it looked really tasty but I worried about getting it home safely.

Favorite port -

This is a tough question! but have to admit when we pulled into Aruba I wondered how I could even go into town after spending yesterday in Isla Margarita. There I spent so much time beachcoming for shiny bits of mother of pearl that I accidently got a bit too much sun and that's threatened both going to the beach today and getting my end-of-cruise massage during tomorrow's sea day. And now that we're in downtown Orangestad having a great time and I'm thinking about a walk on the beach later (keeping my shirt on today), well, it's turning out to be another terrific day. DH says no fav, just have had a good time everywhere and can't believe how quick the days have gone by.

Tendering --

You are correct, we have tendered absolutely nowhere which is terrific.

Ship condition, etc. -

Ship is in very good shape. There are a few bannisters that they are in the process of stripping and revarishing, hardly any rust (saw more on Constellation two years ago), and everybody working hard to keep things nice. One little oddity is the deck chair pads. Some are webbed chairs, no pads, some pads thin foam, some thick foam, some plastic covered foam, and the ones on our balcony are plastic covered, plastic stuffed I think. I didn't know there were so many kinds of covers! On our balcony chairs, I'll now tuck in my Princess deck towels on the edges, works great, the plastic felt funky underneath.

If I haven't covered everything, I'll get back to the questions on the next message.

we spend most of our time on our own, but have talked to others about theirs (and posted above about our rain forest excursion on St. Kitts)

If you like railroads, gotta take the St. Kitts RR trip. Though, a couple of soldiers got on at one point, to keep the tourists safe during a dicey bit?

The dolphin encounter on Isla Margarita was a huge hit with our table mates (more on this fantastic family of five in our full cruise review which we'll do next week); about a half hour in the water with a pair of friendly dolphins.

The waterfall hike they took on St. Kitts was great; their guide help their teenage son climb quite a ways up and showed him how to jump off safely, if you are a mom, I recommend looking the other way when your kid jumps!

The couple who went 4WD on IM said it was okay, but they stopped at a house on the way back to the ship that someone was trying to sell -- it felt like a timeshare sales pitch to one.

Sorry, HW doesn't recognize him.

Thank you for checking and all of your information.

More info about Aruba please???

Can you walk from the ship where the main shopping area is? Also which beaches and resorts are people heading too and how much are the cab prices or prices to use the resorts.

Is there any decent jewelry shopping?

Thank you!!!

PS They are going to give me my glass of champage!!! I'll hunt them down if I have to :)

Sacway

Thanks so much for the thorough reporting. I read your posts with great interest everyday. I'm very pleased that we don't have to tender anywhere. It makes it so much easier!!

What are spice baskets? What are the two sizes? Do they fit in your suitcases to take home??? I have a friend who would like fresh spices. It sounds like I should go to the market.

Have you seen anyone grabbing salads at the Horizon or Caribe Cafe and taking them back to their balcony to eat? Is it possible to do this??? We're thinking we'll do this so we don't overdo at dinnertime. We are waitlisted #360 for late seating so I think there is NO chance we will have a table in the traditional diningroom. Actually, that's probably good!! We are both on diets and have successfully taken off pounds. We don't really want to put them back on. Looks like we can avoid big evening meals.

Your idea of each port sounds like ours. NO plans, NO tours, NO reason to be up and ready to disembark early in the morning!!!

Thanks again for your reports.

Thank You so much for all your time ! Your Posts have been invaluable. I will quit fretting about the boarding issues and having to Schlep all our luggage down that pier.

Hey !I've been on 2 Princess Cruises and have never seen any free Champagne. I hate it but my husband Loves It !!

You have peaked my interest when you said police came aboard the train in St Kitts. We have reserv. for what we thought would be a quiet peaceful trip through the beautiful countryside. Perhaps Not ??

My Son does take a train then transfers to a bus I think to get to Bart ? Or downtown. He loves it BUT to me it sounds horrific. I work 6 blks from the school where I work so a 20 min commute sounds bad to me ;)

Thanks Again for all your time and effort.

Have a safe trip home.

Joanne

SACWAY,

I am booked in Cabin D732 on the Golden for November 10, 2006 (Agean sea and Egypt) I was wondering about the size of the Balcony and you have answered my question about the size...sounds like a nice balcony. This will be my first time on the Golden but have sailed on Princess several times.

Enjoying your updates.

Cruise Fanatic.

I know there is a liquor store at the port at the Pan Am Pier from when we sailed on the Constellation last year. Is there one at this port at Pier 4? Just wondering. We picked up some wine last year before boarding.

Thanks to anyone that knows.

Intended to wi-fi today's post, but just found out I need to buy a pre-paid card at the pursor's desk and no way I'll do that tonight! so here's a bit of a post and the rest will have to wait till I have WiFi possibly at one of the airports tomorrow.

There are several pax talent shows including kareoke so if there is something you can do, there's a stage for you.

There was more free champagne at the waterfall last night but to get it stay on level 5 -- if you are on 6 or 7 (better pix from balconies) it's crowded and the waiters didn't reach everyone.

I got my bottle of wine at the sundries store across from the Sheraton, there wasn't much of a selection though. Better liquor stores throughout OSJ but they close earlier in the evening than I started looking (oops), so if you are sightseeing in OSJ, just keep an eye out, lots of corner groceries and the like even in the shopping district and up toward El Morro. There is a hard liquor store in the port itself with an even smaller collection of wine, uninspired.

cruise fanatic - I have some great balcony pix and will post them once we are home so won't be long now.

poetrylady - the baskets come in many sizes, the big ones I got are about a quart or so, I put two in DH's carry on :) and the six small ones about a cup each are shrinkwrapped to about 4X10X8 inches so they are in mine. I haven't seen anybody at any time carrying food around from the dining room or buffet to their rooms, you can get room service to deliver it to you, just order the salad from the meals being served. that said, I myself carried my afternoon vino the other way from the cabin to dinner tonight as it was pretty hectic getting packed according to the request to have the bags out by dinnertime for pickup. No "wine police" at the restaurant thank goodness.

nurserachett - met another couple today who were on the train, they loved it said it was very relaxing, and the high point of the shore trips and they aren't even rail buffs so not to worry.

logie - our tablemates went to the Marriot I think for the day -- just get a taxi to take you to the high rise beach area it's not far from town and goes on for literally miles. more on Aruba on the post that I couldn't put up tonight but for now, the shopping area (major mall, a nice one) is just about 5 minutes walk away and full of jewelry stores. I saw a fab pink sapphire and diamond ring this evening picked up there, and the couple was very happy with the price, having looked at them back at home. you should definitely have a pretty clear idea about what it would cost back home before you shop here, IMHO.

It's been fun posting, and can hardly wait to do it again on our next cruise, next year.

BFN,

sacway.

Here's yesterday's post & pix that I couldn't upload due to not having a prepaid card at the 11th hour. Post for today (disembarkation etc.) in the morning. Merry Christmas & Happy Hannukah!

---

Twas the night before Christmas Eve and all through the ship, not a creature was stirring except for about 2500 people who've been requested to put their luggage in the corridor before dinner.

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays from the Golden. I've got less than three hours to get this little missive uploaded to you via the i-net cafe which will close at midnight for billing purposes.

Trying to remember every question I didn't answer yesterday but after a blur of wine-assisted packing, an early Christmas dinner of turkey with all the fixings followed by the biggest piece of baked Alaska I've ever been served (yep, ate it all – we are back to airplane food tomorrow and perhaps Campbell's soup for the big day itself)... Gee, I can hardly remember what I did today much less yesterday.

You lucky ones who are boarding soon, we are leaving this place in ship shape, having trained all the staff we contacted to be especially nice to CCers.

Yesterday after I wrote my post in Orangestad Aruba ($3 per half hour in the big mall off the Renaissance Hotel a few blocks from the ship), we walked up and down the main shopping street with its holiday decorations: all the locals, just like back home, were running hither and thither finishing their shopping. On the street between the ocean front and this street (don't have my maps out) I ducked into a tiny two-chair beauty salon and got a full manicure/pedicure for $15 plus tip (an extra $5 – hey it's Christmas). I just walked into the first one I saw; happened to have brought from the ship my own polish (had packed it since I was too busy to get a manicure before we left, and made pretty much a mess of it on my own in San Juan before embarkation.) Turns out there are about ten salons on this street, I probably picked the smallest hole in the wall, just by chance. Meanwhile, at the beachfront casino next to the marina, mr. sacway got lucky on nickel video poker (royal flush – 2000 nickels) so that was a nice little surprise. By the time we both finished, it was sailaway and the ship really hauled out of Aruba.

Last night's production show, something like Cinematastic, was the onboard singers & dancers singing and dancing to popular movie tunes. For us, this was the best theater show though JC Fisher's tenor is great and some of the magic tricks were pretty good. Later, in the Vista Lounge, I saw the comedian Jim David and the SRO crowd was in hysterics (me included). He is doing one more show tonight.

Even later last evening, we went down to the atrium to see the champagne waterfall. Though the stack of glasses was impressive, the momentum of the waterfall action was lost because they were pouring the champagne one bottle at a time, with many of the pax helping to pour, so after about 15 minutes, maybe three rows in this enormous stack was filled. I was more amazed this morning when a few hours, the atrium had been cleaned up and an entire gingerbread village constructed (pix attached).

Seas are still quite calm. weather today was partly cloudy, warm and another great day to work on one's sunburn, or whatever else one might do on a day at sea.

Late this morning I was able to chase down a few CCers thanks to the list obladi1 put together before we left, and we got together in the Wheelhouse (it's next down from the Explorers Bar, across from the photos, now I know) and had a great time exchanging stories about our varied experiences. We might run into some of them tomorrow morning after everyone's supposed to vacate cabins (8 am) and when the buffet closes (9 am?) Looks like the disembarkation runs by deck, so the higher the deck the early you are scheduled to disembark, unless you have a specific early flight (first group listed as "prior to 11 am" flights). We expect to get off around 11:15, plenty of time to get to the airport.

Instead to total saturation of Christmas, it's been relatively background till about yesterday. Now "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Polar Express" have been shown in the Vista Lounge, and "Christmas with the Kranks" was on cabin television. Plus quite a few Santa hats on staff.

Better get this post up before the clock strikes midnight. Then, it depends on airport WiFi if we'll have a chance to post after disembarkation tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

village.jpg.b1aa1f39b7850145bf17e715c0217ef8.jpg

village2.jpg.d51ef01be456e7aa3deff1fa3662b49c.jpg

Sacway (Cool Cruiser)

sounds like you had a great cruise

thanks for all your post wile on your cruise

I anm sure your post this week will make oure cruise more injoiable

mary Christmas And Happy Hannkauh

We leave on January 14 th (same cruise) out of San Juan

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Sacway

Thanks for all the great posts about this cruise. I hope the people who are on board right now will leave it in ship shape for my group next Saturday.

I went to the champagne fountain on the CB and noted that we waited quite a bit for the glasses to fill up on that one as well. But, we waited, and we had our glass.

So what were your best purchases on this cruise. Which port should I be waiting for with money in my pockets?? Actually, I will enjoy them all. But other than the spice baskets, what do you think would be memorable souvenirs for friends and family back home? Is there anything special that represents each island? I'm not talking expensive jewelry, I'm talking simple items here. Thanks that will pack easily into my extra diffel bag for the trip back home.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Joyous Kwanza, whatever you celebrate! May it be a pleasureable holiday for you.

Happy cruising to all!

hi sacway,

we made it back home after a hour delay at the airport. arrive home on x-mas day at 00:02 A.M. meet the other couple who was with us on thur. meet and suzanne and mike (photogrfrgal) talked for a bit before leaving on a post tour have posted our per trip info will get more on later got a bounus a great head cold which helps unpacking HA!!! hope you had a good trip home, best wishes

paul and rosellen

cruise ended to soon:mad:

Our last "day" on the Golden started early and ended late.

Got back to the cabin about midnight, easily fell asleep and just as easily woke up about two hours later, when a group arrived at the cabin next door. Too much holiday cheer, perhaps, or too little pre-dinner packing, resulted in quite a ruckus, in the cabin and out on the balcony. This was the only time all week we were disturbed by late night noise from other cabins (at the end of the hall, we only had a neighbor on this one side.) This went on for a long time, and I just didn't feel like going over and complaining, but couldn't sleep, either. Finally I took my pillow and slept on the floor of the bathroom rolled up in the down comforter. This sounds strange, but it's a large enough and well insulated room in this cabin with an accessible shower (e.g., no enclosure). And though I wasn't asleep, wasn't precisely awake either which can result in questionable decision making. Anyhow, it worked and I got a few hours of sleep before the aft of the ship began its pre-arrival vibrations (DH slept through these every morning, I used them as an alarm clock of sorts.) So I got up and walked a couple of miles on the track. I figured once home in the rain and cold I wouldn't be doing this so might as well get one more day of reasonable fitness practice. The ship had just rounded the unilluminated El Morro and entered the harbor – I could see the Constellation and Serenade of the Seas already docked at the Pan Am pier. On the OSJ side of the harbor, the ResidenSea The World was in town. And as we were docking I could see yet another ship coming into the harbor. It took about a half hour or more for the Holland America Maasdam to pull in beside us. This meant 4 ships were disembarking this Saturday morning which was also Christmas Eve.

Didn't realize the dining room was open, so we went to the buffet for breakfast at 8 o'clock, when we were supposed to vacate the room, carry on luggage in tow. At the buffet, one side had only knives for silverware and no cream cheese to go with the salmon, the other side had both. Ate a bit too much (fearing airport cuisine later in the day.) Since our color group was about the 20th to be called, we knew we'd have a wait so we didn't rush off to Deck 7 but stayed quite a while upstairs – the buffet was open till about 10 am. Then we went down to the Vista Lounge, where CNN was being shown. This was a bit loud for me so I went out on the Promenade Deck and watched people getting off and preparations for the next group to come on. Walked once down to the atrium, there were way too many people crowded into that area. At the forward end of the deck, in the Princess Theater CNN was also being shown; only one person was in the theater. Not sure exactly why people prefer being in a crowd, but it seemed that's what they were choosing, everyone in the middle and none at the ends. Eventually our group was called, and we got off, picked up our larger bags, lugged them to the curb (there were kids with carts offering to transport bags, for tips) found out where to stand for a taxi, caught one right away. The price to the airport was $20 or the same cost as the Princess transfer, without having to wait for a busload of people to get on. At the airport, took a bit of looking around and asking a few questions to get our bags checked and through security. All in all, about 60 minutes from walking off the ship to sitting down in our gate area for departure. Though we can't figure out why it takes Princess at minimum an hour longer to disembark than Celebrity, overall this was a smooth process. Twelve hours later, we were home, and already looking forward to our next cruise, booked onboard, tentatively the 12/17 Panama Canal Acapulco to San Juan. (the best answer to post-cruise blues... planning the next vacation.)

shopping is a very personal and ideosyncratic activity; that said, let me share a few things we got.

first off, the scary santa. fails all the usual tests: locally produced (from China, we think), artistic, intrinsically worth something. a huge success on others: not like anything we have already, sure to remind us of where we were and how the purchase went down, fun for decorating the cabin the rest of the cruise. I attach a photo from our tree, which we put up this morning. santa will go into the box at teardown in 12 days, along with everything else, and become part of our tree (a rather terrifying compendium of ornaments given to us or collected through the years).

second, a tee shirt. DH got a standard one albeit a little better quality (we think) than usual for one of his bros. I got one that is part of a high school fundraiser from Caribelle Batiks, which operates inside the Ramsey (?) plantation house in St. Kitts (I prefer non-profit fundraising tees over the typical tourist ones.)

third, a double strand of imperfect pearls with a clasp and matching earrings from Isla Margarita. Rosellen62 can tell you about the pearl merchant who got away, but the ones who were around on the day we were in port had plenty of the cheap sort that I can wear any day of the week and that make good little gifts to friends and family, from about 8 dollars to about 40 dollars tops. In addition to the ones for myself, I got five more strands to give away.

fine jewelry is available mainly on St. Thomas/St. John, and Aruba. You could combine a trip to one of St. John's fab beaches with a little shopping before catching the ferry back, there's a nice little shopping zone across the highway from the ferry with original, tasteful pieces at a range of prices.

these are all small (in size) purchases at reasonable costs, IMHO

grenada_santa.jpg.4c696b383714aeb4c0db5335e353d6df.jpg

Sacway

Thanks for the shopping tips. I won't be purchasing any scary santa however. But, I have a sister and sister-in-law who might like the pearls and earrings. I'll have to take a look.

You mentioned the ferry to St John. Since we've been to St Thomas one other time, we might like to do this. Is it easy to do on your own, or is a tour the best way to get there?

I'm glad you are now home, safe and sound. I hope it isn't tooo BRrrrr shivery cold for you! Your next cruise sounds very nice. We also want to do the Panama Canal sometime in the near future, but our "next" cruise will probably be the Baltics in maybe Aug or Sept of 06. We'll certainly take the time to talk to Princess while on the Golden in just another 5 days!!! Can't wait!!

I am enjoying reading this thread. We will be on the Golden next Nov. 29, 2006 doing the transatlantic cruise and very much looking forward to our second Princess cruise. I have started a Roll Call for the cruise a month ago and so far no one else except us has posted. Beginniing to think this wasn't a popular ship when I found this thread. Will be looking to see what is going on and what people think of her. Keep postings coming. Happy Holidays.

sacway...sorry we kept missing you, as we kept going to the explorers lounge, not the wheelhouse bar....

By the way, after looking at your pics from previous cruise, I think you were behind us upon embarkation.

Again, sorry we didn't meet up. Thouroughly enjoyed the cruise, the food, the sun, the fun, and 3 of the 5 islands (I'll post a review and explain later)

Take care

Archived