live from the golden

sacway

Actually--the worst was through the night--so, you're in the stateroom--waiting for morning and land to appear

Really, only one night kept us up most of the night--some people slept through it--although the majority didn't

It seems to be easier when you are in bed--although you feel like you'

re being pulled--lots of noise--think that is from the stabilizers--also,creaking--I would think the ship is too new to creak

I wear the patch--because I get seasick easily--I survived all this without getting sick

Nancy

Nancy: Sorry you had rough seas on the 2nd half of your BTB. We were on the first leg Jan 14-21 and were happy the seas were very mild except for the last day at sea. I was wondering if you heard of any sick people during your second week. We were traveling with our children and spouses, 8 of us in all. On Saturday 1-21, the day of disembarkation, 4 of us awoke early Saturday with very bad vomiting and diarrhea, which made for a difficult travel day for all of us. My son, who is a physician, went to the medical center to ask for Imodium (I had some, but it was packed and awaiting us on the pier). Anyway, he was told the doctor had a lot of people with the same symptoms to see and that we should go back to our cabin and he would come to see us. We opted not to do that (don't think the cabin steward would have been too happy about that) and chose to disembark, take meds from our luggage and wait it out at the airport. Don't think it was food poisoning because those of us who didn't get sick ate some of the same things at dinner on Friday night.

Other than that, we had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed the Golden very much.

Mary

We heard nothing about people being sick on the ship

You can usually figure it out when you are not allowed to use the utensils in the Horizon Court

About a year ago I had the same problem on the Diamond the afternoon before we disembarked--since then I have been very careful about using Purell on my hands during my trip--Many places we touch every day are a real problem, such as handrails--computers, elevator buttons.

I hope that the Imodium helped everyone and that you could make it home without any problems. What a way to travel--I was lucky when I was sick--I live only fifteen minutes from the port in LA.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. Yes, it was an interesting travel day not feeling well, but we made it home okay. We were also careful about using Purell this trip and avoiding the handrails, etc, but must have picked something up anyway. I am curious -- did they restrict the use of utensils in the Horizon Court during your 2nd week? If so, I guess that would be an indication of what was going around by the end of our cruise.

This was our 11th cruise and have never gotten sick before, so have been very lucky. Won't stop us from cruising again.

Mary

Hi

Marcarran--Yes--there was a caribbean themed dinner and a party later at the pool

Mary--There was no indication on the ship of any illness--still got to handle the untensils

Glad you made it home okay

Nancy:)

Hi all!

Had a terrific time! Thanks to Nancy for keeping this thread going! Poetrylady - no problem with the ribs anymore - how about an infected blister? It seems like I can't do anything anymore without an injury. Sure didn't spoil my vacation - just a quick visit to the ship's doctor - a few antibiotics and a dressing. It was the last day and back to ship acivities. We met up with Nancy and John (Seal) for Bingo that afternoon. Anyone have questions - post them here!

Nine trips to Thailand? I only wish. I hope you're having a great time. You must love it there. I know my parents do or did. I think their cruising days might be over, but they're re-renting the condo in Arizona for next year again.

Wishing you a safe journey back to the 'Land of Lincoln',

Kaye

"Kelly, I'm sorry you couldn't get on the same bus with us. We really did have a terrific time with Mandoo. I was adamant from the beginning that we ride with him (I had read that about other drivers). He was terrific. The only problem for me was that there were not enough stops for photos as it is such a beautiful island. He is very knowledgeable about his island and we learned a lot. Since he was running late - we missed the shopping I wanted to do. I only had enough time to get a couple of spice baskets before reboarding the ship."

Kaye, there are a few of us from CC signed up with Mandoo for the 1/2 day Spice Island Tour. Some of us he asked for a credit card # and others he didn't. Can't figure that one out.

Also, when you say you were adamant - in what way. Did you email him ahead of time insisting that you be on his tour??? Please advise. He did tell me where to meet and he would have a sign with my name on it.

Thanks in advance

Adele

PS. Do you remember about the dinners on the right side of the menu

I was on the bus with Mandoo with Kaye. We did email Mandoo and ask for assurance that we would all be on his bus. We also talked to him at the pier about that as well. I had brought a copy of the email he sent me along in case he didn't remember telling us that we would be on "his" bus.

We really enjoyed the trip with Mandoo. Even though we thought we might not want to go to the beach, that was our favorite part of the day. We spent a lot of time sitting in the bar overlooking the beach and drinking some fabulous pinacoladas.

darcy8

I'm just catching up after my golden 1/7/2006.

Not really happy with parts of the cruise (see review the good,bad and the ugly).

But I did enjoy some of the ports. some highlights:

ST Thomas-Shopped til we dropped.Only 2 ships in Port, how wonderful you could actually walk down the sidewalks.A pity the stores all close downtown between 1-2pm on Sundays.

St Kitts-Van and driver Joesph took us where we wanted to go for 3 hrs, and recommended Ballyhoo (not sure of the spelling) restaurant. The food there was mediocre, service quick but not friendly, rum punch the best.

Grenada- Shopped at Dot's for spices, a real buy and a sweet woman.

Isla Marg.-Bad mussels the night before, did'nt make it off the ship .

Aruba- Van/driver 3 hour trip, name escapes me,, lunch at the Waterfront

great prices and good food. Found a shoe sale in the mall next to the

Renaissance hotel. good thing I packed an extra suitcase.

Martini Cruiser

Archived