Arrival Appointments

megnut78

IF you are priority because you are Diamond or Platinum or if you have suite or FTTF you can arrive before your appointed time. Everyone else is supposed to arrive at your time or afterwards.

Why don't you tell folks where you are embarking as experiences at other embarkation ports will have nothing to do with your own experience.

I'm leaving at of Mobile. But I was more curious of what everyone else's experiences have been. I am aware if I'm priority and all I don't have to worry about it. I was more curious all around what everyone's experiences have been.

I am quite aware of what you're supposed to do. :)

quote=riffatsea;54947979]IF you are priority because you are Diamond or Platinum or if you have suite or FTTF you can arrive before your appointed time. Everyone else is supposed to arrive at your time or afterwards.

Why don't you tell folks where you are embarking as experiences at other embarkation ports will have nothing to do with your own experience.

Has anyone arrived prior to the Arrival Appointments? If so, which port and were you turned away or allowed in to check in?

Thanks!

The posts I've read on this board the past months have stated consistently Carnival is strictly enforcing check-in times according to priority status and stated policy. And that was also my experience last week in NOLA.

Thank you. That's what I thought as well, but figured I would ask everyone's experiences. Last time I didn'[ have to worry about it because I had FTTF. This time I booked last minute and that was not available and check in is at 1:30. I usually like to be there around 11. Wont be happening this time :) quote=winddawn;54948031]The posts I've read on this board the past months have stated consistently Carnival is strictly enforcing check-in times according to priority status and stated policy. And that was also my experience last week in NOLA.

Has anyone arrived prior to the Arrival Appointments? If so, which port and were you turned away or allowed in to check in?

Thanks!

We cruised from Miami in February and November and Long Beach in April.

In February, being Platinum, we arrived at the port at 10:00. People in line front of us had 12:00-12:30 printed on their Boarding Passes. When the doors opened, the port employee checked everyone's times. She told the family in front of us to leave the line and come back at 12:00.

There were separate lines for Priority, FTTF, and Arrival Times, with each time slot having its own line in Long Beach.

In November, there was a separate line for Priority and one line for all Arrival Times.

Hope this helps.

I cruise primarily out of Galveston and from what I've read and experienced personally, if the cruise is on time, they're pretty strict about adhering to the check-in time on your boarding pass. However, if you get the dreaded email saying things are delayed a bit so please show up one hour (2 hours, 3 hours) later than your scheduled checkin, then there seems to be no controls in place at all, other than Priority/FTTF.

Our Sept cruise on Breeze we got the email saying come an hour later. We had 10:30 checkin and people with 12:30 and 1 PM checkin times were in front of us in line and were never challenged.

Ditto everyone else's experiences. Carnival has an incentive to enforce the boarding times because (1) it creates a better, less stressful boarding experience for those who can follow instructions and (2) it increases the value (or at least the perceived value) of FTTF.

Like others, I've only seen it not followed if there's a significant boarding delay or other unusual circumstances. For example, I was boarding Triumph in New Orleans when one of the Galveston Dream or Conquest class ships stopped in New Orleans after Hurricane Harvey to get supplies and let anyone who wanted to debark there get off the ship. That ship could only fit at the larger pier that Carnival normally uses, so that pushed Triumph debark and embark to the smaller pier that NCL normally uses.

Triumph boarding became somewhat of a free-for-all without all the boarding time and the space to stage multiple groups of passengers, include those who showed up before their assigned times.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Edited by DallasGuy75219

In Galveston there must have been 4 people that checked our boarding pass to make sure that we were on time and not early. I kidded to my friend that it was worse than going through security at Heathrow as they check your boarding pass at least 4 different times before you get to your gate.