The grand and alaska

yags

We're considering sailing on the 10 day Grand in June, 2019. Any recommendations as to which side of the ship is better for viewing from your cabin?

Many thanks for any help!

All sides are good in Alaska. If your in Glacier Bay the captain will make a number of full rortations.

Clothing wise, definitely bring options. Went on the Grand last August. Inside spaces are pretty warm, and it was in the 80’s in Victoria, so I missed having cooler pants and sandals. Also had a steady rain starting out our day in one port, was really glad I had a good rain poncho (Coleman). Very cold and rainy when we cruised Tracy Arm. The pizza place on deck 5 is very good, but also try the pizza by the slice up on the pool deck. I love it, and there aren’t a ton of toppings on it, so it must be the sauce. The menu at the grill will change, check it out. We skipped dinner one night and just had crab cakes. That’s where I ran into the family from Cruise Tips TV. Search YouTube for their Alaska on the Grand videos. One does a good job of showing all the public areas. Enjoy your cruise! Joan

• 4 weeks later...
All sides are good in Alaska. If your in Glacier Bay the captain will make a number of full rortations.

What about cruising in general? I was looking at the map and could not figure out what I would want to be looking at if I was on the balcony all bundled up. haha

What about cruising in general? I was looking at the map and could not figure out what I would want to be looking at if I was on the balcony all bundled up. haha

The scenery on both sides will be spectacular. What I mainly look for is whale sightings though.(yn)

The scenery on both sides will be spectacular. What I mainly look for is whale sightings though.(yn)

Booked an Aft corner, but not going till late March 2019. I know this will be colder than our Cabo cruise, but I will bring my favorite cuddle blanket and sit out and look for anything and everything while in our room. We saw some dolphins going into Cabo and leaving. So much fun.