Singles Cruise on Princess?

saltwatertaffy

Hi,

I was looking at the Princess Cruise website and saw that they have some singles cruises available. I'm thinking about the one in July. Has anyone done a singles cruise on Princess before? What did you think?

I'm also considering taking a regular cruise, but would like to meet other singles. I've heard that Royal Caribbean and Carnival are best for younger singles, but Norwegian Cruiselines has cruises to Bermuda right out of Boston, which would be very convenient for me. Any advice?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

I did a singles cruise on the Caribbean Princess last January that I booked through a singles agency. I had a decent time, the ship was awesome, but it was definitely an older crowd and there wasn't much nightlife. I've also done a singles cruise on Carnival and it was 100 times more fun than Princess. I'm heading out on 1/15 on another singles cruise on Carnival Liberty and there are 2 large singles groups aboard...it should be a blast!

Salt:

I did book the singles group cruise just today! Caribbean Princess 2/25/06. It looks like my first post was deleted due to mentioning the name of the agency ---0PPPS! Didn't realize it was a no-no!

This will be cruise #8 for me. But, my first going solo without family or friends... oh well, I think it will be great fun.

Cindarella

Houston, Tx

Hi, I think you'll be very pleased with Princess. They're the only mass market cruiseline with fresh water pools. As for the average age of the singles onboard, there may be more in the 30 to 50 age group than on Carnival or Royal Caribbean, but if you go with a singles group you lower that average age by virtue of the fact you're bringing your own age group with the singles group. Everyone has their own opinion, but it's my opinion that Princess is a step up from the others mentioned. That said, I'm booked on 3 cruises for the current year, one on Princess, one on Carnival and one on Holland America. I go with singles groups based on the itineraries and the age of the ship, regardless of the cruiseline. Have fun!

:cool: Whiteknight:

This will be my first PRINCESS cruise & i'm really, really looking forward to it.

I'm 55; so any age singles group is fine with me. I think it will be great fun.

:D

Thanks for the encouragement.

I admire your adventuresome lifestyle.... I may take up the same hobby!

By the way , if you run across a lost glass slipper...it's MINE!!!

Cindarella

Well, Cindarella, you're going to love it. I've been on two different Princess ships and I'm going on another one in April, the Sapphire Princess. I didn't think ladies gave their age, at least the ones I know, keep it hush hush. I'll be hitting that 55 mark next May. I love this lifestyle and I'll probably cruise until the end and they can just bury me at sea. Oh, and if I find your glass slipper, I'll just drink champagne out of it and think about Cindarella. How's that!

WhiteKnight:

Babyboomers ROCK!!! 55 is the perfect age ! I was considering the Sapphire Princess along with the Caribbean Princess, and decided on the CP because it was going out sooner. But, I really do want to do the Western coast too.

And, I do believe the story goes, that if the knight does not seek out the maiden to return the shoe, he turns back into a:eek: FROG????

Best regards & Happy SAILING!!!!!!

Cindy :cool:

Hi again Cindarella and hi to Nancy from Chicago also. I remember you from the Valor in January, Nancy from Chicago, and I'm still waiting for those drinks you were going to prepare in the blender in your cabin!!! Right on, Cindarella, we babyboomers do ROCK!!! What's this I see? Is it a glass slipper? Oh it is! It's a glass slipper! I think I'll just keep it and put it on my mantel while I decide what to do with it. Oh oh, I feel very strange all of a sudden. I feel like hopping around. I feel like ribbit, ribbit, ribbit, ribbit, ribbit, ribbit............................................................

Okay Cindarella! Now I know what to wear on my Halloween cruise. I hope I don't spread any warts. Hey paulm, 39 and never been married? How'd you get this far without any battle scars? Just kidding! Marriage is a great institution and everyone ought to be institutionalized at least once. I've been institutionalized twice, but the man upstairs had other plans, courtesy of a drunk driver and the Cancer bug. But life goes on and us babyboomers have to keep smiling and rocking along. They'll be plenty of singles, mostly ladies I hope. Just work on that Texas two-step, line dance or whatever it is you do and you'll be the life of the party. Rock-on!

No, I understood. I was just messing around. I plan on going on a Halloween cruise also and I thought a frog costume might be pretty cool for that frog/prince angle. I was a pirate last year and I'm always looking for something new. Not to worry. Don't take me too serious.

I've always been the class clown. With all the problems in the world, I have to give the lighter side equal time or I'd probably be so depressed that I'd go nuts. That and I've been successful enough that I can enjoy all these wonderful travel adventures, so there's no reason to dwell on the dark side of life. I still believe there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That's part of my frog persona. Anyway, I looked to see if I could find any other organized singles groups on the Sapphire Princess, but was unable to locate any from a dozen different singles agencies. Have fun!

Yikes, i can see i'm dealing with a master-knight here,,,, experienced in the throes of battle...:cool:

i surrender ...!!!

hummm,,,, maybe i need to take up karate; my yoga class doesn't seem to be doin' any good.....lol...:rolleyes:

Cindy

Well now, I don't know about that. I think you're giving me too much credit. I'm not sure that I've ever mastered anything, but I give it my all. And if your yoga isn't cutting it, I don't think karate's the answer. It's even more demanding and those mats aren't thick enough to keep you from getting sore. Later!

Okay Cindarella, As a matter of fact, I am in and also from Texas, a suburb of Dallas known as the Garland/Mesquite area. I've lived several places besides Texas, namely California, Maryland and Hawaii, but this is home. As for Texas cruises, I know of 3 single's group cruises leaving Galveston this year. They're on 2 different Carnival ships (the Elation and the Conquest) on 2 different dates (2/19 and 6/18) offered by 4 different single's group agencies, but I'm not allowed to name them on this site. Dad son team senses some chemistry here! I must admit getting beat to a pulp is kind of exciting! Later!

WK: I have visited Garland, Tx; in fact, got a speeding ticket in Mesquite. My girlfriend & her husband used to live in Garland, down hwy. 30 on the other side of those lakes. That was the only speeding ticket of my life, too !

I'm from Buffalo (N.Y.). Have lived in Houston since 1980. I really feel at home here. Love the wide open spaces and big skies of Texas ! And ya can't beat the friendliness and hospitality down here.

I'll check out the cruises out of Galveston, see if i can find 'em.

Chemistry? Chemistry lab students in the classroom of life??? lol... who knows?? lol.. hope we don't blow anything up !

TTYL.

Cindrella.:D

That's Rockwall on the other side of the lake. They're known for their speedtraps. I wouldn't worry too much about blowing up anything. There's always lots of fireworks on our single's group cruises, but no one actually blown up yet. Of course, there's always a first time. If you can't find the single's cruises, email me at myles571@hotmail.com and I'll email you the information.

ooooh, yah, that IS Rockwall......:confused: ...!! I believe I need a PPO to help keep me headed in the right direction (??!!)...I will email you. This damsel in distress :o is gonna need ALOT more help. :D

I sure wish you were on the 2/25 cruise... can you switch or add another cruise to your 2006 agenda? just a thought...the more the merrier... partay !!!!

Best regards,

Cinda

Archived