Singles Cruise on Princess?

saltwatertaffy

OKay Cindarella, I'll try to steer you in the right direction. What made you think a PPO could be of any help. I don't recall telling you what PPO meant. My time is pretty well spoken for in February, so 2/25 isn't possible. Anyway, I'll try to help you with the Galveston cruise information. Galveston doesn't do much for me as a port from which to cruise for one reason, inconvenience. I'd rather not drive for 6 hours to and from the cruiseship and since there isn't an airport in Galveston and no reasonable public transportation between Houston and Galveston, other than a $100 roundtrip shuttle, it's very inconvenient. Besides, I love to fly. It's not like flying in the Air Force, but it's the best I can do now. I'll talk to you later, Cinda. Bye!

Question for those of you booking a singles cruise on Princess - did you book the cabin by yourself or did you book with someone? If you booked solo, what kind of single supplement did you pay? I've never sailed Princess because they wanted double to sail single.

Cozumel was devastated by a recent hurricane. Piers are gone and you have to tender into port. Not as many ships calling on that port for that reason. The island is working on getting itself back into shape to serve thousands of cruise passengers.

Roz

Roz: I've mostly always booked single occupancy. And on Carnival, RC, and Princess its pretty much double occupancy, minus the second port charges and taxes. But, hey, its WORTH IT...at least it is in my opinion. You have all the closet space to yourself, and nobody to fight with! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen, I have not sailed Princess but I don't think they offer

"Singles Cruises" per se.....I have spoken with a couple of people who

have told me their prices for singles are not as much $$$ as some other

lines though. The Single Supplement is less.

But as for a total "Singles Cruise" I doubt it.

If a ship holds 2,000 people for example, I doubt all of those would

be single.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Cruise Critic group cruise on the August 19, 2006 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. I am the group leader. There is great group pricing, $25 pp shipboard credit, a photo voucher, and some other freebies including some Cruise Critic stuff.

While this is not a singles cruise, there are several singles booked on it already. The single supplement is only 150%. In addition, there is a single looking to share a stateroom.

We are going to have a meet and mingle and sailaway party. If there were enough singles going and interested, I'd be glad to put together a singles mixer. Also, there is an opportunity to share shore excursions and to get together for other activities.

This is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary--St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Princess Cays. The ship leaves from Ft. Lauderdale.

Princess does have at least one and usually several singles get-togethers, although I've found that many of them don't have a lot of attendees. But there is a cruise director's staff person at them and free drinks. The first one is always held late on the evening of the first night. What we found is that the more active the singles, the more often they hold the single get-togethers

throughout the cruise.

If you would like more information, click on the links below or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

Archived