Guarantee Upgrades? Do They Happen?

andynalex66

Yes, upgrades do happen and they can be a whopper of a deal. First, my son and I booked an Alaskan cruise one week prior to the sailing (bargain basement price, I might add as well) and we booked inside guarantee. Two days prior to the sailing, we received our cabin allocation and it was Balcony on Aloha Deck. It was fabulous for Alaska viewing of glaciers!!! Another time, we booked inside guarantee for a med east cruise and were also upgraded to Balcony that one was Emerald Princess. Another time, Caribbean Princess, inside guarantee to ocean view obstructed (where the Lifeboats are situated). We at least had a bit of light coming into the cabin. Another time, it was Christmas time and Princess called us on our way to the airport and wanted our cabin. We had a mini suite and there were four of us and they moved us to a balcony cabin (gave us 100 percent of our cost back to us towards a future cruise. We took their offer. Why not, we still had a balcony and it was actually better because the mini suite we had was open to all other passengers from above (they could look down on us). So, the balcony cabin actually provided us with privacy.

Yrs ago, Coral, upgrade from B balcony to Aloha balcony,

Right under the jacuzzis running all day. We figured out the noise day 3 & demanded a move. Furious as the ship knew about noise & said nothing.

No more upgrades ever! Ever notice the location of Suites that show up right under the Sports Deck?...if you are willing to take pot luck, go for it. We like a quiet cabin.

We book guarantees the majority of the time and usually get a slightly better deck or location which is considered an upgrade.

However, I would not advise booking any less of a cabin category than what you would be happy with, hoping for an upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal