Release of FTTF

NCcruisin

Our final payment was in early December for our Glory cruise in February, and I have been checking daily both before that and now after (and sometimes multiple times per day) to see if FTTF is available with no luck. At one point I read on here that it may be available both at the 90-day mark and the 60-day mark, but it hasn't been available for us...and by now, I kinda just don't expect it to be. I'll keep checking, but I'm doubtful. I hope you have better luck!

• 2 weeks later...
For my last two cruises I have snagged it just a few days after final payment date. I guess someone does not pay and there must be a grace period. Anyone who ever missed final payment know the drill?

Thank You I needed to hear that to keep up the hope!!

I checked every day for the last month before our last cruise and got nothing. But... We had a 12:00 noon check-in time. When we got to the port in Miami we unloaded our luggage and walked right in to the terminal and on the boat with nothing but our boarding passes. Best embarkation ever for my wife and I.

I booked a March 3 cruise out of Long Beach back in December and FTTF was sold out. I kept checking on a regular basis without luck. this morning the sold out notice was gone and I was able to book it for our two room. Thanks to the posters that gave the advice to keep checking. I guess they now must have a handle on how many weddings, Plats and diamonds they have and can therefore decide how many more they can release.

It blows my mind that Carnival doesn't raise the price of something like this that sells out quickly, by itself.

Before I get lectured on it being poor customer service, it is also poor customer service to offer a "premium service" like FTTP, but only those looking on the right day, get it.

It blows my mind that Carnival doesn't raise the price of something like this that sells out quickly, by itself.

I've thought the same thing. On our first cruise 3 years ago, FTTF was $49.95. Since then, the price has gone up to $69.95, but it still sells out. Perhaps it would make sense to start with a higher price (like $99), and then offer a discount closer to the time of sailing if sales are slow. I mean, that is what they already do with cruise fares, right?

Before I get lectured on it being poor customer service, it is also poor customer service to offer a "premium service" like FTTP, but only those looking on the right day, get it.

That brought a chuckle. I remember the first time I posted after paying 49.95 for FTTF I said I would happily pay more for it. Apparently Carnival saw my comment since I am now paying more for it.

Economics suggests there is a point of diminishing returns, but as long as they limit the number offered for sale, they apparently haven't reached that point yet.