Just gave up my Sip n Sail

joanne2

we originally booked the march 30 28 night LA round trip going to Hawaii/Tahiti. We booked a balcony with the SnS. Paid just under 12,000. After a few months of watching the price stay the same (we have not cruised with Princess before - always Celebrity), I asked my husband how important was the balcony cabin - we called our Ta and dropped the balcony and saved $6,000 and went with an inside and no SnS. We don't drink much, so for the savings we were happy. A few weeks ago i rebooked to an Oceanview for $200 total more. Two days ago Princess changed our cabin from OZ to OW and moved us to a "better" location. I am hoping in the coming weeks, we can rebook and get a balcony back, for which I would pay more, but not too much more. We have played this same game on all the previous cruises. I enjoy getting a bargain.

We're doing the TA on the Regal in April - originally booked as "normal" - then the Sip & Sail Promo came out & we were able to switch to it at no increase. THEN, our TA called (back in September) and said with the 3 for free promo, we could change to a better cabin location, get pre-paid gratuities (25 days in a mini suite added up to over $700), get $300 OBC and our rate went down over $1300 total. Only catch? We lose the Sip & Sail, but the $2300 savings more than covers any drinking we'll do. Jumped on the offer very quickly.