Big Changes All Around it Seems

rtkenmore

Unless they make a change to the schedule,Breakaway will be the only ship for the summer in the Caribbean. All the other ships have their schedules out for that time period.

It looks like you're right. We are looking at June, 2019. The only ships not scheduled anywhere are Spirit, Sun, and Sky. We wouldn't want to sail those anyway, so I guess we are out of luck for sailing NCL. We will either do a much-needed land trip, or a cruise with another line.

You got travel insurance for the flights, right? I mean, you always get travel insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Travel insurance covers usually if you need to cancel flights due to illness, death or major problem to home property (for example fire and you need to stay at home to take care of that). It won’t cover NCL deciding to cancel a cruise and you needing to cancel flights because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Travel insurance covers usually if you need to cancel flights due to illness, death or major problem to home property (for example fire and you need to stay at home to take care of that). It won’t cover NCL deciding to cancel a cruise and you needing to cancel flights because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not entirely true. You can typically purchase travel insurance directly through airlines when booking your airfare. And you can purchase cancel for any reason after market travel insurance as well.

It looks like you're right. We are looking at June, 2019. The only ships not scheduled anywhere are Spirit, Sun, and Sky. We wouldn't want to sail those anyway, so I guess we are out of luck for sailing NCL. We will either do a much-needed land trip, or a cruise with another line.

I would imagine Sun/Sky/Spirit will get posted in the coming weeks.

You got travel insurance for the flights, right? I mean, you always get travel insurance.

I always get travel insurance for the entire trip, but I hadn’t done it yet. We always get insurance and it has really paid off. My husband fell on a NCL cruise through the Panama Canal and the cost to airlift him home was $36,000. Not NCL’s fault. Thankfully we had trip insurance with “hospital of choice” coverage that I got through an online insurance site. I had NCL put their insurance on when we booked but that doesn’t cover airfare. I was going to do the insurance next. However, since our insurance would have cost $527. We are losing less money this way.

Hmmm..I'm wondering if the Epic info was a typo or if that is in fact true. We are booked on the Epic Dec. 15, 2018 so if what is in the article is true it will certainly affect us somehow...what? I dunno..different ship? I don't really mind. But the rest of the article is talking about 2019 & 2020 sailings so I'm wondering if it was just a date typo. We shall see.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Forums mobile app