Choosing boarding time in Galveston

Maggiepie

For our last several cruises leaving out of Galveston we were able to select our boarding time right after booking. We have had our upcoming cruise (Nov 2018) booked for over a year and we just went online to select a boarding time and the option not available. Has anything changed for this process? Does your balance now need to be paid in full before this option becomes available? Thanks for your feedback.

From other threads here, I believe the boarding time selection is made available approx 6 months prior to sailing. So check in early May (maybe even late April).

Thanks! Will do.

Edited by Maggiepie
Duplicate post

In prior years check-in time was available as soon as a cruise was booked out of Galveston.

However times didn't become available for our July, 8, 2018 cruise until January 5, 2018.

One cabin was paid in full, one wasn't. Both cabins have FTTF. Check-in times available for both cabins was identical.

That's my recent experience.

I booked my cruise January 2017 and am sailing July 2018. My check in (appointment) time became available around the 190 day mark. My cruise is paid in full. My friends isn't and she was able to pick her time as well.

Do they send emails when check in times become available to select? Or is it keep checking yourself?

I have never seen anyone post that they received an email to indicate the check-in times were now available to select.

So I think you just have to check every couple of days starting at about 200 to 190 days out.