My pre-purchased excursion is no longer offered. Now what?

Lady_Jag

A few months ago, I purchased a shore excursion for me and my family through the Carnival web site: “See Nassau the Fun Way - on a Segway!”

This excursion is still listed under My Activities for our upcoming cruise, but the name is prefaced with “H_”. The time of the excursion and amount paid is still listed under each of our names n my account, but the excursion itself is nowhere to be found on the Carnival web site. The closest thing listed is a 4-hour Blue Lagoon Segway Tour thingy, which starts way earlier than the 1- or 2-hour tour I booked.

I know it’s not sold out, because I also booked a cabana on HMC, and that excursion is actually marked “Sold Out.” So what gives? Am I going to be told when we board in April that we’re not doing a Nassau excursion after all? Or do you think they’re phasing that particular tour out and don’t plan to offer it after all the currently booked guests have participated? Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We recently had a similar situation on a previously booked excursion. The "h_" indicates the excursion is on hold for who-knows-what reason. The Shore Excursions people told me that we could pick an alternate tour and if, by the time we embark, the original "held" excursion was off hold we could cancel the alternate tour without penalty and go on the original. The only thing that occurs to me as a reason for the hold is that Carnival is in negotiation with the tour provider on a new contract and it's still in progress. :(

Edit: They also said that if the held excursion was still unavailable when we boarded it would be refunded in the form of OBC.

Edited by joepeka

Same thing happened to us last summer. Excursion that we purchased was no longer showing up on their website. I emailed shore excursions and they said that it was still offered. A few weeks later, I emailed again to confirm and they told me that they no longer were going to offer it and were switching us to a similar excursion. The new one was more expensive, but we did not end up having to pay the difference.

Thanks, all!

I was afraid the excursion might be on hold. We are still a few months out, so I’ll wait and see if it changes. I booked using a special promo in which they gave me a percentage off for booking excursions within the first couple days of booking the cruise, so I’m not anxious to cancel it and then pay full price for another excursion.

If this excursion happens, great. If it’s canceled between now and the time we’re supposed to go, then we’ll figure out something else to do in Nassau. If it’s replaced with the Blue Lagoon Segway Tour, then I suppose we’ll be getting a tour and then 2 beach days in a row. No matter what, it’s still a win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk