NCL Bonus Rewards Program

mbisson

While on the Jewel this past week, we bought into what NCL is calling the "Latitudes Bonus Rewards Program". It's an onboard, purchase program that allows you to prepay the deposit (as if you were booking on board) BUT it gives flexibility in that you have up to 12 months (Gold program) to book and you have up to 2 1/2 years to sail. For the $500 deposit fee (standard 7 day for 2 people) they give a $50 OBC for the sailing that you are on and and instead of the $500 deposit paid they make it $550. So it boils down to (IMO) being $100 ahead on the deal. They also throw in some other perks (Gold latitudes status on next cruise, priority disembarkation-that kind of stuff). And instead of $100 OBC for that cruise it's 50/50

We bought into it due to the flexibility they give in allowing a year to book. There is another "Platinum" level but that involves prepaying $2995 (6 month payment plan).

I have one of the brochures somewhere in my stack of paper from our cruise. And will provide more once I'm completely unpacked.

They say our Jewel sailing was the first time they offered it so I expect we'll see more posting about it soon.

-Monte

mbisson & shoreguy,

Had the same offer on the Dawn on the 12/1/05 cruise. It has nothing to do with Latitudes members. There are now tiers for Latitudes Members, Bronze 1-5 cruise, Gold 6-10 cruises and Platinum 11-??? There may be a Silver in there too, I can't remember. If you give NCL $500.00 on a cruise they will treat you like Gold Latitudes Member on your next cruise. You will also get $50.00 on board credit for the cruise you are on and $50.00 on your next, $550.00 toward your next cruise and a $100.00 Future Hotel Credit and have 2.5 years to sail You will get $950.00 for the $500 you gave them. Now for $2,995 you will be treated as a Platinum Member on your next cruise and get $100 on board credit for this cruise, $100.00 on next cruise, $3,200 toward your next cruise fare, 2 $250 Future Resort Credits and 3 $100 Future Hotel Credits and have 4.5 years to sail. You will get $4,100 for the $2,995 you gave them.

GOLD Perks PLATINUM Perks

Advanced Booking Opps on Future Cruises Same

Special Lat Fares on Future NCL Cruises Same

Priority Check-in Same

On-board Latitudes Member Services Same

Latitudes Members ONLY Reception Same

Luggage Transfers (select locations) Same

Priority Status on Cabin Request & Upgrades Same

Special Welcome Aboard Amenity Same

Priority Disembarkation Same

Priority Restaurant Reserve

Priority Tender Tickets

Reception with Senior Staff

VIP Service

It a nice way for NCL to get a quick cash infusion for it's expansion. My wife brought up at the sales talk about NCL loyalty. There is NONE, this is about money alone. What they are saying, is they will treat you like a Gold Latitudes Member even though you have only sailed once. You will receive the Gold Status for just that cruise and go back to your previous level for your next. Unless you do it again.

We had a nice discussion with Claudio during dinner after the talk and he's upset about this program. They're giving some perks that only suite passengers and the really loyal Latitudes members are getting now. He says there will be separate personnel handling these passengers.

They even have set up the right side of the reception desk as the Bonus Rewards Desk.

We sat with a Platinum Member at the Latitudes Party, in fact she got the bottle of champagne for most cruises with NCL (31). She's very upset about this program. Her loyalty is being tossed aside for the almighty dollar and I have to agree.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

the Loyalty Program w/RCI is The Best (IMHO) - our 1st sailing in DIAMOND shocked us w/the complimentary OpenBar, special services/treatments, etc. plus a fantastic coupon book w/upgraded cash related goodies that increase w/each loyalty level. I don't remember how many NCL cruises we've completed, but I've always wondered "what do we get for our loyalty"? I hope somebody can tell me more 'cause I simply can't see any bonus for being NCL-loyal. ???

Baitman19 (Monty) has it correct as far as the benefits. I have't checked the actual value of the resort & hotel certificates. By that I know the absolute value of them, but they have to be booked off of NCL's website so I don't know if they are charging rack and then discounting (if so you could probably book them cheaper yourself) of if it's a decent rate to begin with and deductions are from that figure.

I also agree with the above statement about the RCI (Crown & Anchor) repeater program being better. I always arrange to have a coupon when I cruise RCI, $ off and a robe in the cabin.

Shoreguy-If I had your email address, I can send you photos of the info they gave on the ship. I'm afraid to post them on the web as I'm afraid they may be copy righted by NCL. (although it would be to their benefit to get the info out)

-Monte

Shoreguy-If I had your email address, I can send you photos of the info they gave on the ship. I'm afraid to post them on the web as I'm afraid they may be copy righted by NCL. (although it would be to their benefit to get the info out)

Would it be possible to obtain the photos also?

Thanks in advance!

ss416p@aol.com

Baitman19 (Monty)

-Monte

Shoreguy has his email posted as a link in his signature......

:)

mbisson & shoreguy,

Had the same offer on the Dawn on the 12/1/05 cruise. It has nothing to do with Latitudes members. There are now tiers for Latitudes Members, Bronze 1-5 cruise, Gold 6-10 cruises and Platinum 11-??? There may be a Silver in there too, I can't remember. If you give NCL $500.00 on a cruise they will treat you like Gold Latitudes Member on your next cruise. You will also get $50.00 on board credit for the cruise you are on and $50.00 on your next, $550.00 toward your next cruise and a $100.00 Future Hotel Credit and have 2.5 years to sail You will get $950.00 for the $500 you gave them. Now for $2,995 you will be treated as a Platinum Member on your next cruise and get $100 on board credit for this cruise, $100.00 on next cruise, $3,200 toward your next cruise fare, 2 $250 Future Resort Credits and 3 $100 Future Hotel Credits and have 4.5 years to sail. You will get $4,100 for the $2,995 you gave them.

GOLD Perks PLATINUM Perks

Advanced Booking Opps on Future Cruises Same

Special Lat Fares on Future NCL Cruises Same

Priority Check-in Same

On-board Latitudes Member Services Same

Latitudes Members ONLY Reception Same

Luggage Transfers (select locations) Same

Priority Status on Cabin Request & Upgrades Same

Special Welcome Aboard Amenity Same

Priority Disembarkation Same

Priority Tender Tickets

VIP Service

It a nice way for NCL to get a quick cash infusion for it's expansion. My wife brought up at the sales talk about NCL loyalty. There is NONE, this is about money alone. What they are saying, is they will treat you like a Gold Latitudes Member even though you have only sailed once. You will receive the Gold Status for just that cruise and go back to your previous level for your next. Unless you do it again.

We had a nice discussion with Claudio during dinner after the talk and he's upset about this program. They're giving some perks that only suite passengers and the really loyal Latitudes members are getting now. He says there will be separate personnel handling these passengers.

They even have set up the right side of the reception desk as the Bonus Rewards Desk.

We sat with a Platinum Member at the Latitudes Party, in fact she got the bottle of champagne for most cruises with NCL (31). She's very upset about this program. Her loyalty is being tossed aside for the almighty dollar and I have to agree.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thank you for the list. As outlined in a speech by Colin Veitch there is a silver level and platinum was 14+

The list makes more sense in the edit mode. I can tell now that add ons for Platinum include

Priority Tender Tickets

VIP Service

We bought into the Gold program our 10/30 Dawn sailing and have already used the $500 credit toward you next cruise. Since the deposit was $ 800 we took advantage of the extra $50 credit.

We usually get a suite so the extras perks really didn't matter to us and if other passengers can buy into those perks , so be it.

If you are planning on a future NCL cruise, you can save $100 and squeeze what ever you can from th travel program.

I did my own method. Set up this cruise on my checking acct. I divided what I owed by number of months till we cruised and paid them an equal amt so that when the final payment was due, we were all paid in full. Why not do your own??? Works for me. Leave Jan 8th

This is dissapointing.. When I initially heard about the multitier lattitudes program I made sure I was really excited, that ncl would finally reward myself and others for our loyalty.. After getting these details, if you usually travel in a suite then there is really no bonus. As for the pay for play programs, if they require you to book with NCL than there is also not much of savings if you normally book with a TA thats cuts their commision for your business. Well at least I'm 24 and now 10+ NCL cruises, at least I can get a free bottle of champagne by the time I'm 40...

This is dissapointing.. (snip) As for the pay for play programs, if they require you to book with NCL than there is also not much of savings if you normally book with a TA thats cuts their commision for your business. Well at least I'm 24 and now 10+ NCL cruises, at least I can get a free bottle of champagne by the time I'm 40...

Actually you can still book with a TA.

-Monte

I'm just wondering what happens if you pay your $500 for the program and then for some reason are unable, or decide not, to cruise with them in the period allowed?

When you booked another cruise while on board, you still could cancel within the usual time guidelines and get your deposit back. With this it sounds as if once your $500 is paid, it is gone and you either take a cruise with NCL during the alloted period or lose your money.

Am I mistaken about this?

I'm just wondering what happens if you pay your $500 for the program and then for some reason are unable, or decide not, to cruise with them in the period allowed?

When you booked another cruise while on board, you still could cancel within the usual time guidelines and get your deposit back. With this it sounds as if once your $500 is paid, it is gone and you either take a cruise with NCL during the alloted period or lose your money.

Am I mistaken about this?

That's how it was presented to us on the Dawn 11/20. Someone specifically asked if the money was lost if no cruise was booked in the allotted time.

It works for those of us who book an NCL cruise every year or two anyway- gets you a little more than you pay into it and perks also.

here's another NCL-zinger:

I booked "next cruise" whilst cruising - oi vey, what a deal I was told! paid for a BC and assigned a BA. Yes, twas good pricing; however, I wish now to upgrade to a mini suite (cause they are pricing nicely due to not $elling). I am told the following: "it will cost you the difference between what you paid for the BC to the normal pricing of a AF (not the "deal" currently advertised, but the regular rate w/o discount) *and*, yes, you will lose the $125 shipboard credit you got for booking on board! And, for this, NCL wants my loyalty???? Thank you, but I prefer my Diamond status on RCI - at least Open Bar 5P - 8:30P more than compensates me for my loyalty, never mind the fantastic coupons, gifts, etc.! AND, they give a wonderful Meet 'n Mingle party! Love Freestyle, but money talks! Phoey on punishing me because I booked early and they had my money all this time....I would have been better off to wait for a last minute deal to get that mini suite!

Phoey on punishing me because I booked early and they had my money all this time....I would have been better off to wait for a last minute deal to get that mini suite!

Provided you book within 12 months (Gold) thie new system would allow that.

-Monte

I'm sailing 2/13 and want my mini suite and I'm willing to pay more but Only the discounted rate currently being offered. I should not be punished that I paid a good price on board therefore need to pay the non discounted rate to upgrade. bah.humbug. Expect a good cruise, but no more booking the next cruise whilst cruising for me!! I would suggest NCL re-think what a Loyalty Program should be. And, yes, why participate if when booking into an upper category you'll get goodies anyway? One cruise, upper category, the goodies will be yours. Lower category, frequent cruiser = nothing. huh???? But, yes, I do love Freestyle.

If I understand correctly, you're looking at the rate for the minisuite that is now up. Since I believe it's within the final payment period, it could be considered a "last minute rate" and it's not unusual to have disclaimers such as "rate valid for new bookings only" and this might be what you're running into. While I understand your problem with this, as I said, it's not unusual and NCL is far from the only line with this policy.

Have you had your TA contact NCL about the possibility of an upsell, or if you booked direct, have you contacted them yourself?

Another problem with last minute fares---If you wait to the last minute, you might find the cruise is sold out. To a point, it's a gamble. You might get a great price, or you might not get on the ship at all

-Monte

Another interesting note...I had already booked my transatlantic cruise and paid a deposit before my cruise last week. I did the Bonus Rewards because it even applied to the cruise I had already booked. So I ended up with $100 for a cruise I was already taking.

One thing for sure I am going to have lots of questions for the onboard Latitudes Manager onboard the Dawn in

1 month 21 days 22 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds or

7 weekends or

53 days or

1,270 hours (847 waking hours) or

76,204 minutes or

4,572,260 seconds

One thing for sure I am going to have lots of questions for the onboard Latitudes Manager onboard the Dawn in

1 month 21 days 22 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds or

7 weekends or

53 days or

1,270 hours (847 waking hours) or

76,204 minutes or

4,572,260 seconds

Shoreguy-you've got WAY too much time on your hands. LOL

But I'll be interested in the answers you get.

-Monte

I would like to learn more about the Loyalty Program *and* I'm still hoping to "buy" an upgrade (will even try at pier if I don't get it before:rolleyes: ) My point is NCL has had my money for a year - they have space they wish to $ell - I'm willing to pay more, but Not use up all of my cruise-budget just on the upgrade (luv those foo-foo drinks, y'know)...shoreguy: look forward to learning more. mbisson: already made FinalPayment. As I understand from NCL reservations: they will cancel my original booking (hence, lose the $125 on board booking credit). will sell me mini suite - but at the non discounted price (huh?) - Paying full fare for a mini And losing the $125 credit is not worth it to me - I figure NCL is on the losing $ide of this deal which just seems like bad management to me! DH & I will be just fine in the BA cabin (good ship location, yes?) - I just prefer the layout of the mini and soaking the tub:D

Archived