Hotel near Sagrada Familia??

betsyl

I'm sure this is covered somewhere on the Boards, but I'm going to ask anyway - is there a reasonably priced hotel near the Sagrada Familia Basilica? Or is that even the part of town where my friend and I should stay for 2 days prior to our cruise in September? We'd like to be near sites, shopping, sidewalk cafes, parks, etc. And we may take a guided tour of the city, which would include hotel pick up. So - opinions please - thank you!

Can't help you with specific hotels, sorry, I live in the city and I have no use for them... but... there's no reason whatsoever for looking for a hotel near this or that. You'll be moving around (or you should!) via public transportation: bus, metro, tramway... mainly because there's no "area with the attractions", these are spread all over the city. It's the best, most efficient way to do so and it's what most Barcelonians do to move about. Public transportation is cheap, clean, safe, convenient and a breeze to use.

Thus, my advice is that you shouldn't limit yourself to a specific area... look for a hotel you like and then make sure it's near a metro station -most anywhere in the city is near a metro station, there are 10 lines- with that you're set for your discovering of the city. Crossing the city say west to east by metro shouldn't take you more than an hour, and going from almost anywhere in a 2-mile radius of the centre (considered to be Plaça de Catalunya, by the Old City) to the centre, half of that.

I can recommend the Ibis Barcelona Centro Sagrada Familia. Stayed there for a 2-night pre-cruise stay in September 2016. It is a five-minute walk to Sagrada Familia and also to a metro station, so it's very easy to get around from there. We had a decent dinner at a tapas place within walking distance, suggested by one of the hotel staff. The hotel does an excellent breakfast buffet too. It's a budget chain so obviously you can't be expecting luxury but the price is reasonable (for Barcelona) but the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps. :)

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7567-ibis-barcelona-centro-sagrada-familia/index.shtml

Can't help you with specific hotels, sorry, I live in the city and I have no use for them... but... there's no reason whatsoever for looking for a hotel near this or that. You'll be moving around (or you should!) via public transportation: bus, metro, tramway... mainly because there's no "area with the attractions", these are spread all over the city. It's the best, most efficient way to do so and it's what most Barcelonians do to move about. Public transportation is cheap, clean, safe, convenient and a breeze to use.

Thus, my advice is that you shouldn't limit yourself to a specific area... look for a hotel you like and then make sure it's near a metro station -most anywhere in the city is near a metro station, there are 10 lines- with that you're set for your discovering of the city. Crossing the city say west to east by metro shouldn't take you more than an hour, and going from almost anywhere in a 2-mile radius of the centre (considered to be Plaça de Catalunya, by the Old City) to the centre, half of that.

Thank you so much!

I can recommend the Ibis Barcelona Centro Sagrada Familia. Stayed there for a 2-night pre-cruise stay in September 2016. It is a five-minute walk to Sagrada Familia and also to a metro station, so it's very easy to get around from there. We had a decent dinner at a tapas place within walking distance, suggested by one of the hotel staff. The hotel does an excellent breakfast buffet too. It's a budget chain so obviously you can't be expecting luxury but the price is reasonable (for Barcelona) but the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps. :)

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7567-ibis-barcelona-centro-sagrada-familia/index.shtml

Thank you - I'll check it out!

Thank you - I'll check it out!

I have stayed in a number of different locations in Barcelona, as long as you are near to a metro station is great, however for a two-night stop I don't think staying in the Ibis is necessarily the most convenient. If you get a good price, then great, if not I would look for something a little more central (Gothic District/Ramblas).

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 4 plus yrs ago but we stayed at Ayre Hotel Rosellon for one night post cruise. It was a block or 2 from Sagrada. We had a great view of the top of the towers from the breakfast room at the hotel. We found it to be a very nice room, lobby, and breakfast at a very good price. As I say it has been awhile but you may want to check them out.