Ruby Princess best balcony or min suite location

johnrobert57

Fairly new to Princess. Want to book Ruby for an Alaska cruise. Looking at a balcony or mini suite......probably not aft facing. Heard about covered vs not covered. What decks are covered? Do you suggest a covered deck for Alaska because of rain, etc? Appreciate any insight . Thanks

IMO, the best balconies on the Ruby are on the Caribe deck - balconies are substantially larger and are half covered half uncovered.

Yes, I agree. But if you can get one of the two last cabins on either side of the ship on the Emerald deck, which are mini-suites, those are absolutely the best! The balcony is super sized and covered to boot!

I do think you should get a covered balcony for Alaska ... you just never know what the weather will be like and it is oftentimes, so nice to sit out on your balcony in Alaska. Not quite so enticing if it is raining on top your head.

All balcony cabins on the Ruby have covered balconies. Caribe deck balconies are larger and are mostly, although not completely, covered. They are 9’x9’ with 9’x5’ covered.

Mini-suite cabin balconies on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered. Those on Emerald are completely covered.

Deck location is a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer mid-ship, others prefer aft.

Yes, I agree. But if you can get one of the two last cabins on either side of the ship on the Emerald deck, which are mini-suites, those are absolutely the best! The balcony is super sized and covered to boot!

I do think you should get a covered balcony for Alaska ... you just never know what the weather will be like and it is oftentimes, so nice to sit out on your balcony in Alaska. Not quite so enticing if it is raining on top your head.

I absolutely agree with the above. Caribe deck balconies are the best. There are very few minis on Emerald deck so naturally they get snagged fast.