Current Genie on Oasis?

sheilb4

WOW. I would have been MORE than just disappointed. There must be a reason (not that it matters to you at this point. A bad experience is a bad experience) for this poor service. Reyno was very, very attentive to us both times that we've had him as a Genie. He went way beyond what we ever expected. As a matter of fact, my husband said, after our last SC suite, that he was rather tied of constantly being interrupted with the doorbell. It seems like someone was coming or going or delivering something 10 times a day ! Reyno came to meet us every single evening wherever we were dining to see if we wanted to see a show or if there was anything we wanted that he could help with. Sometimes it was a little too much !

I'm glad to see that your first poor experience did not stop you from trying again. I have never met Smitha but I have heard nothing but good things about her. I hope your experience this time will blow you away !

It is so interesting the different experiences with the same genie! We were so looking forward to the cruise and when we found out that we had Reyno (the guy in the ads) we thought we were so lucky. It was disappointing but we did not let it ruin our cruise. It was my dads 60th birthday so we were hoping for something a little special. Maybe it was because we were way down the hall in 8330 or maybe he had other guests that took up all of his time? Not sure but we love this room and genie or not we will try to book it if the price is right. Looking forward to another genie experience and I will report back!

I actually only checked the western itinerary as I know the eastern ports are still suffering, and like you I much prefer Cozumel and Labadee, but yes, often I hear “only one left” although when I first looked online there was only deck 10, then I called in 10m later to check on pricing with my D+ discounts etc, and was told only one left on deck 9. weird.

I suppose with hundreds of people calling RCL at any given moment, inventory can change over quickly. We figure that we just got super lucky having called soon after someone canceled or changed cabins.

We've never been to Labadee yet, just CocoCay (Bermuda itinerary) so I'm looking forward to it. Still debating whether it's worth a cabana or not. Perhaps silly question considering how much we all paid for these suites. :) We've been to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and Cozumel on previous Celebrity sailings so we'll probably just walk around a bit when we get to the other ports this trip.

We have 8330 on the 4/15 sailing!!!! Im so excited since Ive never been in an ATS. We've also never experienced SC. Thats how I found this board.....I went searching for reviews of genies and SC. There aren't many reviews for this.

What a funny coincidence! You will be in the same cabin the sailing before ours and I see from your profile location that we're both also from Baltimore.

I suppose with hundreds of people calling RCL at any given moment, inventory can change over quickly. We figure that we just got super lucky having called soon after someone canceled or changed cabins.

We've never been to Labadee yet, just CocoCay (Bermuda itinerary) so I'm looking forward to it. Still debating whether it's worth a cabana or not. Perhaps silly question considering how much we all paid for these suites. :) We've been to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and Cozumel on previous Celebrity sailings so we'll probably just walk around a bit when we get to the other ports this trip.

You sure did get lucky, that’s the best/largest of all 6 2BR ATS.. congrats!

I totally think that with such a high cost suite that it should absolutely include a cabana at Labadee. Don’t roast me everyone, just my 2c.

I paid for one last year when in a GS, I think it was $250? and this year it’s around $400 I think? Worth it if a group and you can share, not so sure if only 2 of you. It is lovely to have tho, and very comfortable.

Bear in mind the original $8 water mats are now $19.99 each to rent! All included if you have a cabana.

I usually head to Nachicocom in Cozumel. Another day of total relaxation and a beautiful beach/pool area.

With such a lovely suite, a wonderful genie

(right!!👍)maybe we won’t want to get off the ship.. haha

We are in a 2 BR ATS next month and heard from Joyce 2 weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything that early. We already have all the dinners and shows set.

That’s great! I heard she is superb, What deck are you on?

That’s great! I heard she is superb, What deck are you on?

We have 10330. It was the only one available when we booked last spring. 8330 opened up, but was a HUGE cost increase. We got a very good deal.

We have 10330. It was the only one available when we booked last spring. 8330 opened up, but was a HUGE cost increase. We got a very good deal.

That’s good to hear that you got a good deal! Congrats!

So far I am learning that in the next 2 months it is

Joyce deck 10/port side

Smitha deck 8/port side

I wonder if the genies are assigned 2 x port side star class suites, and 2x starboard sides SC suites?

I am on starboard side, so still not hearing about that yet, lol

What a funny coincidence! You will be in the same cabin the sailing before ours and I see from your profile location that we're both also from Baltimore.

I was going to ask if you were in Baltimore after I saw that you were on the Pride and the Grandeur.

We did both of those sailings as well, but after 2 sailings on Allure I don't know if I can ever go back to the small ships again. ;)

Regarding our experience with Reyno, other than embarkation and debarkation, we had approximately 10 minutes of face time with him the entire cruise. We never saw him. There was one email the day before we embarked and that was the only email we received pre-cruise and he didn't appear to have read my response to the one email or the survey. There were no alcoholic beverages in the room as requested and I had to resend him the list again after I mentioned it. I really don't want to reiterate all of the issues we had (including he did not show up at Grease and had not reserved us seats even though we had confirmed it with him the night before) but I will sum it up to say that the service was upon request (via email or phone call) and nothing was done proactively. He never checked in with us to see if we needed anything and nothing special was done without us asking. I had sent our requested restaurants and dining times via email pre-cruise and he made all reservations at 6pm every night instead of the times requested. Don't get me wrong, we had a fabulous cruise however, the genie experience was definitely disappointing. I don't know if he was overwhelmed with other guests or what but I definitely expected more. This was not the experience that RC is advertising. We are already off to a much better start with Smitha so we will see how it goes! I will try to remember to report back but if you have any specific questions let me know!

I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems you had. Since I've never experienced SC before this makes me a little nervous.

Hello All. We're actually in 8330 starting tomorrow (1/28). We've been in contact with Smitha for a little over 2 weeks now. She's been very responsive with emails so far. We're really excited.

I can't promise I'll keep up with it during the cruise, but I'll definitely remember to update this thread after (or at least include a link if I do a full review).

For reference, we are 3 Adults, 4 kids (10, 9, 3 and 2). Found a nice Kids Sail Free sale so those 4 were a whopping 127pp (taxes, port fees, ins)

Hello All. We're actually in 8330 starting tomorrow (1/28). We've been in contact with Smitha for a little over 2 weeks now. She's been very responsive with emails so far. We're really excited.

I can't promise I'll keep up with it during the cruise, but I'll definitely remember to update this thread after (or at least include a link if I do a full review).

For reference, we are 3 Adults, 4 kids (10, 9, 3 and 2). Found a nice Kids Sail Free sale so those 4 were a whopping 127pp (taxes, port fees, ins)

Oh my gosh! Have a fabulous time and please please let me/ us all know how the trip is going and how the Star class and Genie experience weigh up. Excited for you!

Pics too if poss..... happy sailing and lots of great times ahead!