Current Genie on Oasis?

sheilb4

We have a 2bdr ATS (8330) on Oasis coming up in August. We will have eight of us :o , ranging in age from 59 to 10 months.

I'm interested in any reviews also. I will do a review after our cruise for those sailing later in the year.

mac_tlc

We are on Oasis in ATS 8330 on Feb 17. We heard from our genie Smitha a few days ago already!! We have a schedule from her for all dining and shows. Really happy with the service and response so far!! We had Reyno as a genie on Harmony in the same room last year and it was not the experience we were hoping for. This time things are starting out much better so we are super excited!!

We are on Oasis in ATS 8330 on Feb 17. We heard from our genie Smitha a few days ago already!! We have a schedule from her for all dining and shows. Really happy with the service and response so far!! We had Reyno as a genie on Harmony in the same room last year and it was not the experience we were hoping for. This time things are starting out much better so we are super excited!!

That’s great to hear! I heard Reyno is excellent? What happened last year?

Glad you are off to a good start and long may it continue!, Well you are up next so I will be hanging on for your review. Please detail the service, and your experiences, that would be super! lol also very excited of course....

We just has Joyce last week on Oasis. We specially requested her as we had her on Anthem in May. She is wonderful. She will have you whatever you need.

Last week on Oasis it was Joyce, Israel and Smitha. We Israel on a previous cruise and he was excellent but to us Joyce was a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s great to hear! I heard Reyno is excellent?

We've had Reyno twice on Harmony and I have to say, it was awesome both times...but in fairness, I have heard others say that they have had "issues" with Reyno. All I can do it relay my experiences and they have been great.

Our only other Star Class experience was with Sebastian and he was also wonderful.

I really appreciate your responses, and happy to hear re the Oasis genies....

Now I want to know how you got 8330...lol I only booked last week for April and just one on deck 9 left... usually deck 10 is all that is left with much smaller balcony....... not complaining of course, most happy with what I have for sure!!! 🎈🎉😁 but just know 8330 has slightly larger balcony.

Wow 8330 must be the magic number. We just booked it last night for April.

We've been in 8330 twice and that is a really incredible room. Our other SC experience was 9730 and I was really surprised how much smaller the suite was on deck 9 than on deck 8. Of course, it's obvious from the configuration that the lower the deck, the bigger the suite and deck but 9730 was significantly smaller.

We have 8330 booked again for 2019 but I am thinking seriously about moving to the Star Loft Suite simply b/c I have been in the ATS 3 times now and I'm kinda done with that long walk. The suite is stunning and the balcony is second to none but frankly, we never really use the balcony as much as we think we will. Since it's just the 2 of us, unless we're having a party (which we have done all 3 times before) we really don't go out there much. The last time we had a mosquito invasion. They were everywhere ! This was between hurricanes and I guess the storms had stirred them up and they took refuge on the ship. The only good thing to come from that mess was that we got to meet Lazlo, who created all of the Central Park gardens (he doubles as the pest control officer on the ship !). Believe it or not, Reyno called Lazlo to come and "take care" of the mosquitos and Lazlo showed up with a spray can. It was quite humorous, actually. There is no way he could ever have killed 1/1000 of the mosquitos with a spray can. In the end, though, they got most of them with some help. Lazlo gave us a wonderful tour of Central Park and we got to see a lot of things that most will never see.

The reason I haven't moved from the ATS to the SLS yet is b/c I have a refundable deposit and if I make a change I will have to go to a NRD and I'm not willing to do that yet.

Now I want to know how you got 8330...lol I only booked last week for April and just one on deck 9 left... usually deck 10 is all that is left with much smaller balcony....... not complaining of course, most happy with what I have for sure!!! [emoji324][emoji322][emoji16] but just know 8330 has slightly larger balcony.

We have 8330 on August 12th, booked it last August, and the price dropped by over $2K in October. We have 8, so while 2K is a lot, it’s still a considerable amount of $$$. Unfortunately with only 2 Category A1’s, once they are both booked you have no opportunity for another price drop.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s great to hear! I heard Reyno is excellent? What happened last year?

Glad you are off to a good start and long may it continue!, Well you are up next so I will be hanging on for your review. Please detail the service, and your experiences, that would be super! lol also very excited of course....

Regarding our experience with Reyno, other than embarkation and debarkation, we had approximately 10 minutes of face time with him the entire cruise. We never saw him. There was one email the day before we embarked and that was the only email we received pre-cruise and he didn't appear to have read my response to the one email or the survey. There were no alcoholic beverages in the room as requested and I had to resend him the list again after I mentioned it. I really don't want to reiterate all of the issues we had (including he did not show up at Grease and had not reserved us seats even though we had confirmed it with him the night before) but I will sum it up to say that the service was upon request (via email or phone call) and nothing was done proactively. He never checked in with us to see if we needed anything and nothing special was done without us asking. I had sent our requested restaurants and dining times via email pre-cruise and he made all reservations at 6pm every night instead of the times requested. Don't get me wrong, we had a fabulous cruise however, the genie experience was definitely disappointing. I don't know if he was overwhelmed with other guests or what but I definitely expected more. This was not the experience that RC is advertising. We are already off to a much better start with Smitha so we will see how it goes! I will try to remember to report back but if you have any specific questions let me know!

Thank you for your review of your past cruise. As a frequent cruiser, I do not need much had holding for activities, schedules and things, but do expect the advertised service from the Genie. Not have requested items in your room would be annoying as well as not having seats reserved when you were expecting them. I feel that that is the minimum that should happen with your Genie. I am glad that you are having a better week.

I believe the three are Hussein, Smitha and Joyce with Israel on vacation. We are sailing on one later this year and love to read reviews, Will you do a summary of your experiences?

Do you happen to know when Israel will be back. We are in 8730 the end of March and would like to request him. We previously had Israel when we stayed in 1720 back when the program started in May 2016. He was wonderful.

Now I want to know how you got 8330...lol I only booked last week for April and just one on deck 9 left... usually deck 10 is all that is left with much smaller balcony....... not complaining of course, most happy with what I have for sure!!! 🎈🎉😁 but just know 8330 has slightly larger balcony.

I wonder if "only one left" is part of the rep's script because when we booked they told us that 8330 was the only one left! We're on the 4/22 sailing. We were willing to take any itinerary in April and would have actually preferred the Falmouth and Cozumel instead but the only ones with any availability was the 4/8 and 4/22 sailings with St. Maarten and Puerto Rico.

Regarding our experience with Reyno, other than embarkation and debarkation, we had approximately 10 minutes of face time with him the entire cruise. We never saw him. There was one email the day before we embarked and that was the only email we received pre-cruise and he didn't appear to have read my response to the one email or the survey. There were no alcoholic beverages in the room as requested and I had to resend him the list again after I mentioned it. I really don't want to reiterate all of the issues we had (including he did not show up at Grease and had not reserved us seats even though we had confirmed it with him the night before) but I will sum it up to say that the service was upon request (via email or phone call) and nothing was done proactively. He never checked in with us to see if we needed anything and nothing special was done without us asking. I had sent our requested restaurants and dining times via email pre-cruise and he made all reservations at 6pm every night instead of the times requested. Don't get me wrong, we had a fabulous cruise however, the genie experience was definitely disappointing. I don't know if he was overwhelmed with other guests or what but I definitely expected more. This was not the experience that RC is advertising. We are already off to a much better start with Smitha so we will see how it goes! I will try to remember to report back but if you have any specific questions let me know!

WOW. I would have been MORE than just disappointed. There must be a reason (not that it matters to you at this point. A bad experience is a bad experience) for this poor service. Reyno was very, very attentive to us both times that we've had him as a Genie. He went way beyond what we ever expected. As a matter of fact, my husband said, after our last SC suite, that he was rather tied of constantly being interrupted with the doorbell. It seems like someone was coming or going or delivering something 10 times a day ! Reyno came to meet us every single evening wherever we were dining to see if we wanted to see a show or if there was anything we wanted that he could help with. Sometimes it was a little too much !

I'm glad to see that your first poor experience did not stop you from trying again. I have never met Smitha but I have heard nothing but good things about her. I hope your experience this time will blow you away !

Since it's just the 2 of us, unless we're having a party (which we have done all 3 times before) we really don't go out there much.

Did you have any trouble booking the cabin with only 2 passengers? We're only 2 as well (father and daughter) and it's not easy to find a cabin that was star class but not require 1 adult to sleep on the sofa bed. It took about 5 contacts to customer service both on social media and phone, the involvement of 2 supervisors, and a wait of 4 days to finally get a rep on the phone at 9PM two nights ago who was willing to even look up availability. An hour later and a lot of persistence with a new rep who fought us when we pushed for the discounts we were qualified for, we were finally booked. Perhaps the best selling tactic RCL employs because I definitely needed a vacation after that effort!

I wonder if "only one left" is part of the rep's script because when we booked they told us that 8330 was the only one left! We're on the 4/22 sailing. We were willing to take any itinerary in April and would have actually preferred the Falmouth and Cozumel instead but the only ones with any availability was the 4/8 and 4/22 sailings with St. Maarten and Puerto Rico.

We have 8330 on the 4/15 sailing!!!! Im so excited since Ive never been in an ATS. We've also never experienced SC. Thats how I found this board.....I went searching for reviews of genies and SC. There aren't many reviews for this.

I actually only checked the western itinerary as I know the eastern ports are still suffering, and like you I much prefer Cozumel and Labadee, but yes, often I hear “only one left” although when I first looked online there was only deck 10, then I called in 10m later to check on pricing with my D+ discounts etc, and was told only one left on deck 9. weird.