Interior ROom for 3

brepri_h

I was contemplating an ocean view BUT I really like to be on deck 7/8 so that brought me to an interior. However, my son will be 3 and putting him on an upper bunk probably isn't going to work. My husband and I aren't climbing up there either. Are there any other alternatives for sleeping in an interior that I don't know about? This is on the Triumph.

I was contemplating an ocean view BUT I really like to be on deck 7/8 so that brought me to an interior. However, my son will be 3 and putting him on an upper bunk probably isn't going to work. My husband and I aren't climbing up there either. Are there any other alternatives for sleeping in an interior that I don't know about? This is on the Triumph.

You can get one of the interiors that doesn't have the pull down beds and get a cot or rollaway as a third bed.

On Elation, there were some triple rooms with a roll away bed as the third bed instead of the upper beds. I am not sure if triumph has any of those types of rooms- it might just be fantasy class. We have also had her in our bed with us or made a pallet on the floor for her. We used blankets and a sheet for the floor pallet but you are super worried about it you could also pack a yoga or nap mat. On Royal, the room steward told us that kids have to be at least 6 for the upper bunk. Between about 3-6 is hard, because they are too big for the crib and too small for the bunk. I prefer the higher floors myself and would probably pick and inside over ocean view if it meant a better floor, but if the ocean views on that class have a sofa, it might be worth it to slum it on the lower floors. Luckily my daughter is almost 7 (tomorrow actually- where does the time go) so we no longer have to worry about it, but I have dealt with it on a few past cruises.

Where would they put it?

The roll away we had was pretty small. The big bed was facing the door on the wall where the fake window is and then the trundle in the corner just before you get to the bath/closet area. It was very tight quarters and maybe would have been less so with separate beds or maybe not, but we made it work. Ours was 3 1/2 and the bed was about the same size as her toddler bed.

Where would they put it?

This was one of my rooms on Triumph. If you look at the the mirror reflection you can see part of the rollaway bed before they took it out. You can also see a cot they have shoved under the bed in the first picture. I was told by the steward they usually have three beds in that room.

9d5cc0d8c40429efacb8fa3d98c20bb9.jpg

3e122dd3440e126a32ff553591875343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saint Greg

My girl was 3 her first cruise on the Glory (conquest class), and was placed on the sofa. We pushed the coffee table and extra chair and pillows against the sofa to keep her from rolling too far. At 4, she was in the upper bunk on the Inspiration. There was a guard rail, and the bunk was directly above our bed, so even if she did somehow manage to make it past the rail, she wouldn’t fall far onto us. (I nicknamed it a “bonk bed,” because I had to be careful sitting up in my bed, or I’d hit my head on her bed!)

I’m not sure what arrangements are on the Triumph, but It will likely be either a sofa or a very low upper bunk for the third person.

What you can do is bring a pool noodle with you and tuck it under the bottom sheet near the edge of the bed. This will serve as an additional “rail” to alert your son that he is approaching the edge.

If you go with the trundle bed, know that they take up a LOT of floor space! This is why my family of 3 is always forced to book OV rooms on Fantasy class ships rather than IS, because navigating the room with a trundle in it is tough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first cruise was on Ecstasy and we had three in a room. The pull down was so comfortable, my sister slept on it and I used it for a nap and wanted so badly to switch but she came to love it too. I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I thought I would give my two cents worth.

On Conquest there aren’t any rollaways or sofas in the insides so it would be a bunk. I would definitely get an OV for more than 2 people. Much more space.

This is Triumph. They definitely had rollaways because they had to roll one out of my room. And definitely had cots because they were storing them under my bed.

This is Triumph. They definitely had rollaways because they had to roll one out of my room. And definitely had cots because they were storing them under my bed.

Yeah I wasn’t sure what ship that’s why I said Conquest Class. No trundles or sofas in inside rooms there. I have no idea where they would put a trundle even if they wanted to.

Yeah I wasn’t sure what ship that’s why I said Conquest Class. No trundles or sofas in inside rooms there. I have no idea where they would put a trundle even if they wanted to.

It looked like it would be pretty tight. I think they would fold it up during the daytime. Even with that I couldn't imagine three people walking around that room during the day.