What floor to book an OCEAN VIEW on?

brepri_h

Typically I like to be 2 decks down from Lido. It’s a nicequick walk up the stairs to everything I want to do all day and at nighttime it’snestled between cabin floors and not very loud.

I’m planning a cruise with a 3 year old and since we don’twant to put him on a bunk bed or a trundle in an interior we’re going to bookan ocean view (not considering a balcony). I don’t know which floor to book!

Any advice?

Don’t know which ship you’re thinking about but I prefer Deck 1. There are cabins above you so you don’t have to be as careful as on Deck 2. I am taking about Conquest Class ships.

Most likely the Triumph but we aren't 100% sure yet! I looked at the deck plans and you are right deck 1 would mean all cabins above. I'm just not sure what is below? I assume the crew quarters and engines obviously. Is that noisy and would you feel the engine much? If I went with deck 2 it looks like aft may be the quietest to sleep as it is just the dining room above.

I haven’t had any issues with noise from below with the exception of aft where you have the engines. But I like it back there. Also very forward you can have the sounds of the waves crashing against the hull, but that’s all the way forward. It is quiet under the dining room. I have stayed there quite a few times. Deck 1 is still my favorite.

I haven’t had any issues with noise from below with the exception of aft where you have the engines. But I like it back there. Also very forward you can have the sounds of the waves crashing against the hull, but that’s all the way forward. It is quiet under the dining room. I have stayed there quite a few times. Deck 1 is still my favorite.

Thank you! I like AFT for some reason too.

Our favorite cabin is the OV on the rivière deck. We try for a cabin just inside the bank of elevators, about 5 cabins in. There are no noises from below, above and the elevators. You ride the elevators quite a bit from this deck though.

Our favorite cabin is the OV on the rivière deck. We try for a cabin just inside the bank of elevators, about 5 cabins in. There are no noises from below, above and the elevators. You ride the elevators quite a bit from this deck though.

I know that is the biggest downfall in my eyes about decks 1 & 2. We love 2 down fro Lido bc we seldom use the elevators. I think the extra space will be worth it with the little one though! Maybe by our next cruise with him he'll be big enough for he bunk!

Be aware that an aft cabin on deck 1 or deck 2 means you will hear engine noise and possibly feel vibration, especially when the ship is starting up. We routinely heard it and felt it in our family harbor oceanview cabin on the Vista and that is a much bigger ship than the Triumph. We've stayed in oceanview cabins on Conquest class ships including the Triumph. We usually book deck 2 forward, near or a few cabins before the elevators. That should put you under Guest Services or the Shore Excursions desk depending on which side. We haven't had any major issues with noise in this area.

Most likely the Triumph but we aren't 100% sure yet! I looked at the deck plans and you are right deck 1 would mean all cabins above. I'm just not sure what is below? I assume the crew quarters and engines obviously. Is that noisy and would you feel the engine much? If I went with deck 2 it looks like aft may be the quietest to sleep as it is just the dining room above.
Edited by saharaga

Deck 2 Aft, but make sure you’re under the MDR. Midship, under Shore Excursions etc would be fine also.

We’ve sailed on the lowest passenger deck and rarely heard anything. Only time we heard things was the first day during loading and for a while afterwards. But it wasn’t loud or horrible. And not in all cabins, just the few times we’ve booked over the loading doors.