NCL GETAWAY - not doing ST THOMAS or other E. Caribbean stops

jordans mom

Just got note that our late April itinerary will be shifted away from St Thomas.(and other planned E. Caribeean stops - they apparently are rerouting through September 2018....too bad ... was looking forward to seeing USVI - - maybe another year!

Hope the islands continue to recover and look forward to trying to visit again in coming years!

Oh no, that's awful! So sorry to hear. Definitely try it again sometime down the road, the Virgin Islands (both US & British) are BEAUTIFUL! We are booked on the Getaway for October 28th, now i'm concerned about ours too! However, i'm more than certain that we would have fun wherever we ended up. Did they give you a choice of changing to another ship? Or are you "stuck" with whatever they decide for the Getaway??

• 2 weeks later...

We experienced a similar situation with Norwegian. We were told our June itinerary had been changed to a Western Caribbean tour. We were not given any other options, so we cancelled our trip and re-booked with Celebrity. They assured me that they were not canceling cruises to the Virgin Islands. Actually we ended up with a much nicer cruise for quite a bit less than I had booked with Norwegian. So I guess all is good. We still get to visit the places I want to see. Can't wait for our adventure in June!