Alaskan cruise kids clubs

mresera

I am looking into an Alaska cruise with my 6 and 4 year old kids. Does anyone know which kids clubs have hours during port visits (and can be used while parents are off ship)? Which have babysitting services? I was thinking one way cruise, but also read that these are harder with kids. Why?

Disney has kids clubs that are open from 9AM to midnight, even on port days so you can leave them on the ship while on excursion if you'd like. And they are amazing. My kids always cry when I come to pick them up because they don't want to leave. But Disney does not do one way cruises.

FWIW, my kids hated the Disney kids clubs, but they weren't the renovated ones with Marvel and Star Wars. Not sure that would have helped though. They liked the one at Aulani, so some kids don't like the cruise ones I guess.

I don't see why a one-way cruise is harder. Other than a longer flight from Anchorage maybe. One-way cruises are better because you have more time in port. You get a lot more flexibility that way in terms of excursions, shopping, etc. More importantly, you typically get to see the better glaciers.

We love the northbound RCI Radiance...amazing Adventure Ocean (kid's club) free of charge and usually open from 9:00am - 10-11:00pm sea days and port days and yes you can let your kids stay there if going off the ship in ports too. They'll take them to lunch or dinner also. Our grandchildren love the kids club...many times they don't want to leave. The professional staff is absolutely amazing !!