New American Express Offer

lovejact

Most American Express Card Members can now use Membership Rewards points to purchase a gift card for Carnival Corporation that then can be used on Princess, Holland American, Cunard, or Seabourn towards booking or to purchase onboard services. You were always able to do this, but they have changed the conversion rate. It is now 100 points = $10, it use to be 150 points = $10 when I did this last year. Go to https://global.americanexpress.com/rewards/gift-cards It appears that this new rate is also across other gift cards they offer including hotels and rental cars.

It is listed under Carnival and not princess.

Most American Express Card Members can now use Membership Rewards points to purchase a gift card for Carnival Corporation that then can be used on Princess, Holland American, Cunard, or Seabourn towards booking or to purchase onboard services. You were always able to do this, but they have changed the conversion rate. It is now 100 points = $10, it use to be 150 points = $10 when I did this last year. Go to https://global.americanexpress.com/rewards/gift-cards It appears that this new rate is also across other gift cards they offer including hotels and rental cars.

It is listed under Carnival and not princess.

Thanks this is great news!!!! I am always looking for gift cards I can use that don't require a premium number of points. I'll be getting a big one for our upcoming TA on the Royal.

I'm not sure this is available to all Amex members.

I have an Amex Delta affinity card and I can't find anything about Membership Rewards.

I have the same card as you. You will not find this offer if you log into your account on the AMEX website, you will only find it on the AMEX Membership Rewards site.

I checked and my Amex doesn't qualify for the rewards program. I guess it's because I get cash back on my purchases. Or are there Amex cards out there that offer both (without an annual fee)?

With your cash back points you can buy gift cards, rather than receive cash.

I have the same card as you. You will not find this offer if you log into your account on the AMEX website, you will only find it on the AMEX Membership Rewards site.

I went to the Amex membership rewards site. AND it is still 5,000, 10,000 points and higher. There isn't any 100 points for $10.