Getting the most out of Free at Sea

tmiles

New to cruising. Family trip on Bliss in June 2018. We have4 cabins booked and are trying to get the most out of the free at sea perks. We have 1person as a second guest in a room with a UBP and internet but does not drinkbut want the internet. We have a third guest in another room that is a drinker.What is our best options to keep everyone where they want to sleep yet get themost out of the free options

You'll have to switch occupants (on paper only) so that the one that wants free drinks is in the proper cabin. Once onboard, they can sleep wherever they want! I don't know how the internet thing works....the drinker who doesn't want internet could give the password to the person who DOES want internet, I suppose......

Exactly what i thought. Pretty easy but what about cabin keys and extra charges to the room. This would split a husband and wife into 2 rooms they are worried about both having access to their if not together and paying the bill on 1 credit card

Exactly what i thought. Pretty easy but what about cabin keys and extra charges to the room. This would split a husband and wife into 2 rooms they are worried about both having access to their if not together and paying the bill on 1 credit card

the charges would go to the card of the person who uses it but the other people in the switched cabin will be able to see the charges for everyone on the reservation on the TV set

This is not hard, although a bit inconvenient to set up. We have done it a bunch of times with family/friends. First, switch the rooms so that the person who drinks is the 2nd person in the room with that perk. Second, when the husband and wife check in - now in separate rooms --they should each use a different credit card - that is, so there are two separate accounts, not a joint one. Third, as soon as you board, go to guest services and ask for extra keys for the rooms that have people switching. They can give you keys that have NO CHARGE PRIViLEGES. The two inconveniences: 1) on a couple of different ships, Guest Services has declined to give me extra keys unless ALL adults registered in the room were present and agreed. That meant that 3 of us had to waste time in line; 2) the parties who are the switchees have to carry two key cards. The card originally assigned to them that allows them to charge; and the duplicate non-charge keycard that will allow them to get into the room they actually want to sleep in.

Actually, there is a 3rd inconvenience, but if you have the iconcierge app and your phone or tablet, it will not apply to you. And that is, since the room charges for two people are being posted to a room that they arent actually staying in, they will not be able to access their charges on the TV in their own actual room. But if you have the app, you will be able to see your room charges on your iphone or other device.