Opinions Pls For The Disney Land & Sea

momrek06

:D HELLO EVERYONE: DH & I are interested in booking a Disney Land & Sea Cruise for ourselves (no kids this time...yeah)!! Opinions please as DH & I are Disney-maniacs, we would like to try the cruise...too many kids??? Or will us adults love it as well?? Please POST me with any data anyone has! I want to book it like NOW but am waiting for some opinions/comments/points..etc...thanks, momrek06:D

As long as you love, love, love the mouse, DCL is for you with or without kids. You will enjoy all the things that you already love about Disney, the characters, the high caliber of entertainment, the attention to detail and quality, the themeing, etc. There WILL be lots of kids, and although DCL is great about maintaining the adult only areas, there are plenty of public areas that allow families and kids, so you will see a lot of them. If this is a concern, book during a time when most schools are in session (keep in mind that European schools have different schedules). Also, consider splurging on a balcony cabin for a couple of reasons. First, it upgrades your accomodations of the land portion of the trip (I highly recommend Animal Kingdom if you haven't been there yet.) Secondly, having a balcony guarantees you a kid free area to unwind in. And, make sure you take advantage of the adult only activities, like the comedy club late show, the behind the scenes type experiences, etc. Since your cruise will be relatively short, you may not want to do Palo for dinner since on the three day you miss one of the rotation restaurants and on a four night you miss a theme night in a restaurant. Some of the 3 and 4 day cruises do have Palo for brunch or tea, I can't remember which though, so maybe search the boards if you need to know that. Finally, you may want to consider doing the three day land, four day sea, but adding an extra day at the begining of the land so you have four days for both parts of the trip.

Wife and I did a Disney Land/Sea package, way back in 12-98, and thought it a very enjoyable experience.

There is very good separation between adults and children aboard ship, and we were not "overrun" with children. As to be expected, some kids do suffer from "overload", but their parents were pretty good at trying to keep them calm.

At Disneyworld itself, we stayed pretty much to Epcot and Boardwalk, areas better suited to adults.

Archived