Royal movies

Katiekakes

• 2 weeks later...

One of the few things I WOULD NOT do on a cruise is watch their movies. It's called the "airline" edit. Anything rated "PG" or higher is cut to become a "G". It's not edited, butchered. One of my favorite movies is "The World's Fastest Indian" staring Anthony Hopkins. Has a running time of 2 hrs 7 min. It was unrecognizable chopped down to 80 minutes. Whatever they show, it is not the film you can see at home.

One of the few things I WOULD NOT do on a cruise is watch their movies. It's called the "airline" edit. Anything rated "PG" or higher is cut to become a "G". It's not edited, butchered. One of my favorite movies is "The World's Fastest Indian" staring Anthony Hopkins. Has a running time of 2 hrs 7 min. It was unrecognizable chopped down to 80 minutes. Whatever they show, it is not the film you can see at home.

Someone told me that they saw the movie Three Billboards recently. I saw that at the theater and there is no way they can cut that to become a G movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone told me that they saw the movie Three Billboards recently. I saw that at the theater and there is no way they can cut that to become a G movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They might cut some movies because of time constraints but not the ones shown in cabins.

If their a R, they remain an R.

Last week on Royal: Wonder Woman, Three Billboards, Victoria and Abdul, Battle of the Sexes, Guardians of the Galaxy II and a couple of others I can't remember. Good selections, in my view.

I'll have to admit that the Regal & Royal do have a good selection of old & new movies.

It's to bad the older ships are limited to only the current ones.

We've gotten spoiled by sailing on the Royal almost exclusively & when we're forced to go back to an older ship I'll have to resort to bringing my own again.

I'm on a 28 night cruise starting in March - what should I expect movie-wise... repeating the same few again and again, or a nice selection? I'm curious about the theater shows too on such a long cruise.

If your on the Regal, Royal or CB you'll have access to anything mentioned recently (cabin TV system). On the older ships that don't have it installed they do have a lot of movies available but just not the large selection and you'll have to either watch them on MUTS or the cabin TV. Of course there is no on demand to watch it when you want so you'll have to rely on their TV guide which is a joke and almost impossible to use effectively.