NCL-Gem Blue Lagoon, VIP area question vs Atlantis

jessicak76

Hi all,

I have seen posts about an adults only/upgrade to VIP for the Blue Lagoon excursion, which includes a golf cart over to this adult area. 1) Does anyone know if this option is true? NCL excursion staff knows nothing about it 2) if you did it, did you sign up once on board or were you offered the upgrade once on the Blue Lagoon area? I have trouble standing and walking long distances, so the golf cart option sounded good--but I am unsure if it a "true" thing.

Thoughts on someone who has issues walking long distances doing the Atlantis option, instead?

Thanks!

Yes it’s a real thing if you book independently. However when you are from a cruise you have to book through shore excursions because they have a contract. You may be able to upgrade once there but I don’t remember seeing that as an option. You could try emailing them to find out for sure. http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs/vip-beach-day/ Is the site for the Blue Lagoon VIP.

Thank you. Glad to hear its smaller. I CAN walk but just not for long distances and kinda like knowing I definitely have a seat/lounger reserved for me--if I can do the vip experience. I am unsure what the seating is like at BL. (I know probably worrying over nothing, but still.......)