Getaway Haven category stateroom in Haven vs. outside of Haven

sharlon

We sailed the Getaway a couple of years ago with our kids, so we were in the 2 bedroom family suite. LOVED IT! Now the hubby and I are looking at sailing it again for our 25th anniversary. One of the things we liked most about the Haven was having our stateroom inside that area as we spent most of our time in the courtyard or on the sun deck in the Haven. In looking at the available staterooms, we have the option of the Courtyard Stateroom, the Spa Suite, the Forward Suite with balcony and the Aft Suite with Balcony. Only the Courtyard Stateroom is inside the Haven.

Has anyone stayed in a Haven stateroom both inside and the outside the Haven area and can tell me what you thought of the difference? We are just not sure if we want to be elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks!

I’ve stayed in the Spa Suite twice on Breakaway and the rest have been inside on the Epic, Getaway and Escape. I preferred being in the Haven proper. The lounge was always so peaceful and relaxing. That’s a wonderful feeling after you’ve had a long day on the ship. I liked running into my butler or steward and having a quick chat. Being inside is much more convenient. Never had to go out of my way to talk to the concierge or the butler to ask for anything. It was always as I was leaving my suite or going back. Also I really liked that the bar is right there. Grab a quick drink take it to your room while you’re getting ready for the evening activities. No need to go back-and-forth. If you’re not picky about the suite, price difference, and you spend most of your time in the courtyard and sun deck, then I’d go with the Courtyard Suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hear you. I’ve been tempted to do either aft or fwd facing, but the inside suites are a better fit. I’m typically with 3 other adults so 2BR or DOS works out better for my pockets [emoji57]

We *love* the aft penthouse suites (H6) which are obviously located outside the Haven. We rarely spent time in the Haven as we had our own private balcony of bliss. I wouldn’t hesitate to book an H6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have stayed in penthouse suites (aft and forward) for layout/balcony reasons and didn't mind being away from the haven area, even with a young child that I sometimes carried. If someone in the party has mobility challenges the walk could be a problem but for us, we needed the walk (long!) with all the food on the ship.

We have stayed in penthouse suites (aft and forward) for layout/balcony reasons and didn't mind being away from the haven area, even with a young child that I sometimes carried. If someone in the party has mobility challenges the walk could be a problem but for us, we needed the walk (long!) with all the food on the ship.

Not to derail this thread but I'm curious how old your child was when you cruised in the balcony cabin and did that make you nervous at all? Ours will be 2 when we are considering taking our next cruise and trying to decide balcony vs no balcony. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I’ve sailed twice on the Getaway - both times in an Aft PH on deck 9. I also sailed once on the Escape in a 2 BR within the Haven. With that being said, I much preferred the HUGE aft balcony over the tiny Haven balcony - which outweighed the extra walking to and from the Haven. Heck, I look at it as burning calories! My next cruise is back to an Aft PH - even though the Sun doesn’t have a Haven, I would have still choosen Aft!

Thanks everyone! We definitely have some things to consider.

We just get off the Getaway today and had an H7 forward facing penthouse. My husband and I had numerous discussions regarding the importance of being “in” Haven vs. out.

I was a little envious of the those who could easily walk down the hallway to their rooms. But our penthouse was very large with a great bathroom, and has others have mentioned, a 5 min walk to Haven.

I am thinking of changing our H7 in March 2019 to an H6 to have the aft balcony.

We just get off the Getaway today and had an H7 forward facing penthouse. My husband and I had numerous discussions regarding the importance of being “in” Haven vs. out.

I was a little envious of the those who could easily walk down the hallway to their rooms. But our penthouse was very large with a great bathroom, and has others have mentioned, a 5 min walk to Haven.

I am thinking of changing our H7 in March 2019 to an H6 to have the aft balcony.

Thank you! I just replied on your real time review thread asking you specifically, so good to hear your thoughts. We don't spend much time on the balcony, do thinking the forward would suit our needs well!

We recently booked on the Getaway and chose inside the courtyard area...it's only two of us and the Penthouse Courtyard H5 I believe it is seems to suit us.... I think we will like the location....and decent size balcony should work fine as well.....but really in the Haven they all seem nice and think hard to go wrong! Can't wait! :cool:

I have stayed in Spa Haven suites on both the Breakaway and the Escape. I feel they are the best value for your money - they are the cheapest Haven category, you get spa access, and you are only 1 floor away from the Haven proper. On the Breakaway, there is a key card accessible staircase that you can take to go directly from the spa into the haven, which was nice, but we didn't feel like we missed not having it on the Escape.

I have stayed in the H6 aft penthouse 3 times and love it. The balcony sizes vary so make sure to check that out if you book this room. I like the exercise of walking back and forth to the haven. The balcony is what sells this room for sure. They are the biggest on the ship so if your looking for a large, private balcony for 2 this is the room for sure!!