booking wheel chair for use at gatwick

philipsw285

i need to organise a wheel chair for my mother to get through gatwick.

i believe the best way is through the airline tomson/tui but i have had to sort a medical form out for my brother who is diabetic this is p&o's disability form and also mentions wheel chairs at the airport so which is the best way TUI or P&O disability form?

If it's a fly cruise and booked through p&o you should mention it when booking, they will then send you a mobility questionnaire and, if your flight is a p&o charter flight they will advise the airline accordingly. We have used this system many times with p&o fly cruises to the Caribbean and we have never had any problems. There is a little hut opposite the premier inn at gatwick north and we have just turned up there with our luggage and always been on the list..they then take you to check in and through security and then on to either a seat in departure lounge, an exec lounge or one of the bars etc and then come and collect you when it time to go to the gate...

• 4 weeks later...

hii all another question related to this I've booked the wheel chair with tui and p & o when I was telling someone at work about this they said you automatically get premium security for free as part of the wheel chair does this sound right as I was going to book the premium security and pay for it.

if it is true would they let all 4 of us through? or only the wheelchair user and the person pushing the wheelchair?

I have Special Assistance and sometimes fly from LGW. In all UK airports they let me use the Priority Security. They will let your fellow travellers come through with you as long as they are not too busy. If they are very busy they will only let one travelling companion accompany you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums