Carnival Vista Inside Sideways Cabin

tap_out

I am just about to pull the trigger on a Horizon cruise for next August. I was thinking about doing something special and booking a Havana interior room. Looks like there are some sideways cabins that are available in the Havana area. I was only able to find pictures for one of the rooms online and they were not great. Was looking to get some feedback before we picked out cabin about anybody that has stayed in one of the sideways interior rooms. Seems like with this setup they could have a little more room. One thing I did notice is it seems the TV is beside the bed so the viewing angel might be pretty crappy. Couple of the cabins I am referencing are 5205 and 5208. Thanks for any feedback

Had a 1A that was side way's and True Texan is right. The TV's are on an arm and swivel so you can adjust to your liking. Don't know anything about those particular cabins though I'm sure their a lot roomier then a 1A! Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in 5208 on the Vista in July. We have been booking interiors lately because we found we rarely use the balcony, and need to finds to support our bi-monthly trips to Vegas.

We had a sideways room on the Breeze which was spacious and we loved the layout. The room on the Vista was a little smaller and did feel cramped at times. But I do prefer this layout over the traditional interior.

Pretty sure the TV swiveled and we had no problems watching it from the bed. The room had everything we needed, and we definitely enjoyed the Havana area. We didn’t miss having a balcony when the Havana area was where we wanted to hang out anyway!

Although the room was a little small, I would definitely book it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me how many closets did it have, and also is the Havana bar area busy? Thinking we could sit outside and read in some of those little nooks, but that wouldn't work if it was busy all the time.

We stayed in Havana area, on the Vista, this past November but had a balcony cabin (#5239) which was great because it was last cabin before pool/bar area and you also had access to your room from outside by entering through balcony slider (saved alot of steps from having to cut through Havana lounge all the time!). We agree with the OP inside decision...wife and I said we would likely book an inside next time because we found ourselves spending all our time at Havana area and rarely used our balcony!! However we would miss the easy access to our cabin! We did not find the Havana area to be crowded. Always able to find a chair or one of the beds against the wall. The Havana area on Vista had a passenger capacity of 130. That being said...it is my understanding the Havana area on Horizon has expanded to approx 175 passengers as they have designated some cabins on deck 6 and 7to Havana.

Edited by lcpagejr

Can you tell me how many closets did it have, and also is the Havana bar area busy? Thinking we could sit outside and read in some of those little nooks, but that wouldn't work if it was busy all the time.

The room had two closets-one with shelves and one with hangers. It had less closet space than rooms on other ships, but also had its own air conditioner so no more hot and stuffy room!

The Havana bar was pretty quiet during the day. There are plenty of areas to sit and relax with a book. Don’t plan on it during the evening-the bar area got very busy most nights with music and dancing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to hijack this post but we are already booked in a regular Inside 5229 Havana on the Horizon for Memorial Day weekend. 5208 just became available and we were wondering the same thing. Maybe the layout will be better. We also read that there is easier access to the Havana area from the port side- you don’t have to walk through the bar.

Can you hear the elevators in 5208?

Where did you see a picture of the TV? I’ve been looking for pictures of the sideways inside and I haven’t found any of the cabins on the Vista or the Horizon???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in 5205. It was smaller than the sideways inside we had on the Dream. But it was nice that it was by the elevator so there wasn't any noise from the Havana Bar.

Loved the Havana area!

Can you hear the elevator from the cabin? I’ve been in a hotel room where we had to move because the elevator kept us up all night.

Can you hear the elevator from the cabin? I’ve been in a hotel room where we had to move because the elevator kept us up all night.

No I never heard any noise from the elevator. The only noise would come from the hallway which should only be those in the Havanna rooms on that side.

No I never heard any noise from the elevator. The only noise would come from the hallway which should only be those in the Havanna rooms on that side.

Thank you! We were originally booked in 5229 but 5208 just became available so I switched. Looking forward to trying the different configuration!